Capital Department, Mendoza
location of in Mendoza Province
|Established||December 20, 1869|
|• Mayor||Eduardo Cicchitti, UCR|
|• Total||54 km2 (21 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,100/km2 (5,300/sq mi)|
|Patron saint||Saint James the Great|
Capital is a department (municipality) of Mendoza Province in Argentina. The provincial subdivision has a population of about 111,000 inhabitants in an area of 54 km², and its head city is Mendoza, which also serves as the provincial capital.
Mendoza is home to several football clubs, the most notable of these is Gimnasia y Esgrima who play in the regionalised 3rd Division. The most notable football team of the moment is Club Atletico Godoy Cruz Antonio Tomba, which participates in the first division of Argentinian Football. Club Sportivo Independiente Rivadavia is also a very well known football team, it's disputing the Nacional B tournament which is second division in Argentina.
The main campus of the National University of Cuyo is based in Mendoza City. UTN (Universidad Tecnologica Nacional) is also situated in Mendoza City.
The Department is divided in seven districts:
- Municipal Website (Spanish)
- National University of Cuyo (Spanish)
- Gimnasia y Esgrima de Mendoza (Spanish)
- Photos of Mendoza and surroundings
- Los Andes newspaper online edition (Spanish)
- Diario Uno, newspaper online edition (Spanish)
- El Sol newspaper (5 issues every week, Monday to Friday) (Spanish)
- Discover Mendoza - Tourism in Mendoza
- Universidad de Congreso
|This article about a place in Mendoza Province, Argentina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|