Capital District (VHSL)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2007)|
The Capital District is a high school conference in the state of Virginia that includes schools from the Greater Richmond Region.
Capital District schools compete in the 6A, 5A, 4A, and 3A divisions.
Facts about the District
The district contained seven schools until 2003, when new Hanover High School opened. The district went back to seven schools the next year when John F. Kennedy merged with Armstrong. In 2010, the district expanded back to eight schools when newly constructed Glen Allen High School was opened.
- Armstrong High School of Richmond, Virginia
- Atlee High School of Mechanicsville, Virginia
- Hanover High School of Mechanicsville, Virginia
- Henrico High School of Richmond, Virginia
- Highland Springs High School of Highland Springs, Virginia
- Lee-Davis High School of Mechanicsville, Virginia
- Varina High School of Richmond, Virginia
- Glen Allen High School of Glen Allen, Virginia