|Owner||Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority|
|Locale||Austin, Texas, U.S.|
|Transit type||Bus service|
|Number of lines||1|
|Number of stations||43|
|Chief executive||Linda Watson|
|Began operation||January 26, 2014|
Service on the first route, MetroRapid North Lamar/South Congress (Route 801), began on January 26, 2014. It replaced existing bus Routes 1L and the 101 Express, which traveled along the same corridor (1M was renamed Route 1 Metric/South Congress, while a local version of the northernmost portion of former route 1L was created as Route 275).
Route 801 serves 43 stations between Tech Ridge in North Austin and Southpark Meadows via the University of Texas and Downtown Austin. The new premium fare structure recommended by a consultant has caused problems for the agency. It has not collected as much money back from the fare increase as it expected. Other BRT systems in Texas such as San Antonio and El Paso intentionally price their system for local fare.
A second route, MetroRapid Burnet/South Lamar (Route 803), will serve a total of 34 stations between The Domain and Westgate. It is expected to begin operation by summer 2014, but the original Burnet/Manchaca Route 3 will remain in service at slightly reduced frequency.
- "MetroRapid Vehicles". Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "Linda Watson, President/CEO". Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved January 2, 2011.
- "What is Capital MetroRapid service?". Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- Aaron, Michael (26 January 2014). "Capital Metro rolls out MetroRapid, new fares". kxan.com. KXAN News. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- Dunbar, Wells (31 January 2014). "Is Capital Metro's New MetroRapid Service Leaving Bus Riders Behind?". kut.org. KUT News. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "Routes and Destinations". Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
|This article related to Austin, Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|