Capital Radio Sierra Leone
This article is about the Sierra Leone radio station. For other uses, see Capital Radio (disambiguation).
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2012)|
|Broadcast area||Sierra Leone|
|Frequency||104.9, 102.3 & 103.3 MHz|
|First air date||July 2006|
Capital Radio was established as a company in Sierra Leone in 2005. The station has 3 directors - Adonis Abboud, Colin Mason and David Stanley. Test programmes commenced in May 2006 from the Cape Sierra Hotel using the newly installed transmitter at Leicester Peak. The full service started from studios in Wilkinson Road on 3 July 2006. The station fully relocated to the Mammy Yoko Hotel complex in December 2011.
The station transmits from the SLBC Leicester Peak transmitter site using 104.9 MHz. A relay in Bo, Sierra Leone, provides coverage of the city on 102.3 MHz. A relay was launched in Makeni in January 2012 using 103.3 MHz. A relay for Kenema is planned.
- Esther Farrell
- Julian Strasser-King (also Technical Assistant)
- Kris MacCormack (also Head of Programming)
- Itricia Ceimon
- Nicky Spencer-Coker
- Savannah Serry
- Shola Bello
- Uzo Desmond
- Zoe Hamilton
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- The Breakfast Show is your early morning show Monday to Friday that starts at 6am till 10am with Kris MacCormack.
- The Midday Show By Itricia Ceimon Monday to Friday from 10am to 2pm.
- Drive Time with Shola Bello 4 to 8pm, Monday to Friday.
- The Evening Party Show with Esther Farrell, every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
- The Mega Mix every Wednesday, 8 to 10pm with Julian Strasser-King (JSK)
- Comium Party Show with Esther Farrell, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 8 to 10pm.
- Top 40 Countdown with Kris MacCormack every Saturday from 11am to 1pm.