Capital Region Airport Authority (Michigan)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (February 2012)|
|Capital Region Airport Authority|
|Headquarters||Capital Region International Airport
|Agency executive||Robert Selig, Executive Director|
|Website||Capital Region Airport Authority|
The Capital Region Airport Authority is a public authority that owns and operates the Capital Region International Airport in Clinton County, Michigan and Mason Jewett Field in Ingham County. The authority has an eight-member governing Board of Directors. Three members represent Ingham County and three members represent the City of Lansing. Two ex officio members represent Eaton County and Clinton County.
Board of Directors
The Airport Authority Board of Directors has six voting members. Three members are appointed by the Mayor of Lansing and confirmed by the City Council, and three members are appointed by the Ingham County Board of Commissioners. Clinton County and Eaton County each have one non-voting ex officio board member. The Airport Authority Board meets monthly at the Capital Region International Airport terminal.
|Chris Holman||Ingham County||Chairperson|
|Paul Hufnagel||City of Lansing||Vice Chair|
|Dick Baker||Ingham County|
|Troy Brown||City of Lansing|
|Victor Celentino||Ingham County|
|Todd Cook||City of Lansing|
|Robert Showers||Clinton County||Ex Officio|
|L. Daryl Baker||Eaton County||Ex Officio|
In 1970 the Capital Region Airport Authority was created pursuant to Michigan Public Act Number 73. The following year jurisdiction of Capital City Airport (now Capital Region International Airport) was transferred from the State of Michigan to the Airport Authority. In March 1977 the Airport Authority purchased Mason Jewett Field as a reliever airfield for Capital City Airport. Thomas Schmidt was hired as Airport Manager in April 1989, replacing Russ Brown. Robert Selig was appointed executive director of the Airport Authority in November 2002. In September 2010 the Airport Authority Board approved ex officio board membership with Clinton County and Eaton County. In January 2011 the Airport Authority, city of Lansing, and DeWitt Township announced a 50-year 425 land, tax, and services agreement at the airport between the city and township.
- Airport authority
- Capital Region International Airport
- Mason Jewett Field
- Port Lansing
- Michigan Legislature
- "Capital Region Airport Authority". Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- "Capital Region International Airport Authority". Ingham County. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- Wells, Garrison (May 19, 2003). "New airport director's plans for Capital City have taken off". Lansing State Journal. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- "Authority Board of Directors". Capital Region International Airport. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- Chris Holman Elected Chair of the Capital Region Airport Authority Board, Paul Hufnagel Elected Vice Chair (Press release). August 20, 2010, web.archive.org flylansing.com archived on October 22, 2010, Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- "Airport Authorities Act 73 of 1970, Section 259.815 Capital city airport; transfer". State of Michigan Legislature. July 16, 1970. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- Smith, Bartlett (March 2001). "Mason Jewett Airport". Wingtips. Mason, Michigan: Experimental Aircraft Association Chapter 55. p. 5. Retrieved April 22, 2010.
- Hayes, Lori (April 2, 2002). "Michigan airport to seek input on new director". Lansing State Journal. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- "Schmidt hired as airport manager". Ludington Daily News. March 16, 1989. Retrieved March 5, 2013.
- Robert Selig to start work as new executive director at Capital City Airport (Press release). October 17, 2002, web.archive.org capitalcityairport.com archived on February 17, 2003, Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- Regular Monthly Boad Meeting (Minutes). Capital Region Airport Authority. September 14, 2010, web.archive.org flylansing.com archived on October 22, 2010, Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- "DeWitt Charter Township announces new “Aerotropolis” partnership effort with City of Lansing" (Press release). DeWitt Charter Township. January 21, 2011. Retrieved June 6, 2012.