From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up capitulum in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The term capitulum can refer to several things:
- In botany:
- In zoology:
- the capitulum of the humerus in vertebrates
- the gnathosoma of ticks and mites
- in stalked barnacles, the armoured portion within which the appendages and most of the viscera are located
- a genus of goose barnacles
- a part of the female Lepidoptera genitalia
- a structure similar to an elaiosome found on the eggs of some species of stick insects
- A typographic symbol to mark chapters or paragraphs, now evolved into the pilcrow
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Capitulum.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.