|Born||Caprice A. Crane
November 1, 1970 
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Alma mater||Tisch School of the Arts|
|Occupation||novelist, screenwriter, television writer/producer, music supervisor|
|Parents||Les Crane and Tina Louise|
|capricecrane.com - A Site for Sore Eyes|
Crane was born in Los Angeles, California, the daughter of radio announcer/television talk show host Les Crane and actress Tina Louise. After graduating from New York University (NYU) Tisch School of the Arts Film School, MTV hired her to write, produce and music supervise game shows, sports shows, music specials and the MTV Video Music Awards.
Her first novel's title, Stupid & Contagious (2006), is taken from the lyrics of the Nirvana song, "Smells Like Teen Spirit." Her second novel, Forget About It (2007), was once rumored to be made into a New Line Cinema motion picture starring Scarlett Johansson. Both her first and second books won Romantic Times Reader's Choice Awards, two years in a row, in the Mainstream Fiction Chick Lit category.
Her third novel, Family Affair, was released in October 2009. Her newest novel, With a Little Luck, was published on July 26, 2011 by Bantam Books. Crane wrote the original screenplay for the 2011 film Love, Wedding, Marriage starring Mandy Moore and Kellan Lutz. Her young adult novel Confessions of a Hater will be released in August 2013.
Crane has also worked in staff positions as a writer for TV shows such as CW's 90210 and Melrose Place. Crane currently has a TV pilot based on her novel Stupid & Contagious in development for NBC. She is also working on her first young-adult novel. Crane divides her time between New York and Los Angeles.
- Caprice Crane. Contemporary Authors Online, Gale, 2009. Reproduced in Biography Resource Center. Farmington Hills, Michigan: Gale, 2009. http://galenet.galegroup.com/servlet/BioRC Fee via Fairfax County Public Library. Document Number: H1000170150
- "Tina and Caprice". Oakland Tribune (Oakland, California). 5 November 1970. p. 24.
- "Tina Louise: Waiting for Baby". Corpus Christi Caller Times (Corpus Christi, Texas). 18 October 1970. p. 75.
- "Tina Louise a Mother". Indiana Evening Gazette (Indiana, Pennsylvania). 3 November 1970. p. 6.
- "Forget About It". New York Times. Retrieved 8 March 2012.
- "Books by Caprice Crane". Romantic Times Book Reviews. Retrieved 8 March 2012.
- "Caprice Crane". Huffington Post. Retrieved 8 March 2012.
- "NBC to Adapt Caprice Crane's 'Stupid and Contagious' Novel". Hollywood Reporter. 26 August 2011. Retrieved 8 March 2012.
- "Five questions with novelist and screenwriter Caprice Crane". USA Today. 7 February 2011. Retrieved 8 March 2012.