Captree State Park
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009)|
The park is located on the easternmost end of Jones Beach Island, and overlooks the Fire Island Inlet and the westernmost section of Fire Island. It lies partly in the Town of Babylon and partly the Town of Islip.
The park offers a marina and boat launch, fishing, picnic tables, a restaurant, a playground and recreation programs. The boat basin serves open and charter boats available for fishing, as well as scuba diving, sightseeing and excursion boats.
Like most New York State Parks, Captree charges entry fees for vehicles.
Vehicle Use Fees start on May 4, 2013. Weekends only, 8:00am–4:00pm.
- New York State Parks: Captree State Park
- The Captree Fleet
- Long Island Fishing Network
- Captain Gregory
- Fishing Piers of Long Island (including Captree State Park)
- Party Boats; Fire Island (Noreast.com)
- New England Burials at Sea; Captree Sate Park (NewYorkBurialsatSea.com)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Captree State Park.|
|This article about a location in Suffolk County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|