From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up capture in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Capture may refer to:
- Capture (chess), to remove the opponent's piece from the board by taking it with one's own piece
- Capture (politics), situations in which a government agency created to act in the public interest instead acts in favor of other interests
- Capture (rivers), a geomorphological phenomenon occurring when a stream or river is diverted from its own bed
- FM capture, a phenomenon in which only the stronger of two signals near the same FM frequency will be demodulated
- Screen capture (disambiguation), an image taken by the computer to record the visible items
- Video capture, the process of converting an analog video signal to digital form
- Motion capture, the process of recording movement and translating that movement onto a digital model
- Schematic capture, a step in electronic design automation at which the electronic schematic is created by a designer
- Capture CIS, a software tool used for circuit schematic capture
- Capture fishery, a wild fishery in which the aquatic life is not controlled and needs to be captured or fished
- Rule of capture, common law that determines ownership of captured natural resources including groundwater, oil, gas and game animals
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.