Capture NX is a photography software program developed by Nik Software in partnership with Nikon for Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows, designed to assist users in doing post-production work, such as organizing image files and applying corrective adjustments.
Capture NX was first released in 2006. Capture NX 2 was released in June 2008.
In September 2012, Google acquired Nik Software, but Capture NX has remained a Nikon software and is advertised as a Nikon product.
- Complete raw image format support from import to export (for supported cameras), including Nikon's own RAW format NEF (Nikon Electronic File).
- Non-destructive image editing.
- Color management control with Soft Proofing.
- Color Aberration Control, D-Lighting (High Speed/High Quality), Image Dust Off, Vignette Control and Fisheye-to-Rectilinear Image Transformation.
- Noise Reduction: global or selective adjustments.
- Color Balance, Contrast/Brightness, Saturation/Warmth.
- Lens correction tools, such as chromatic aberration or distortion control.
- Color Control Point editing for hue, brightness and saturation.
- Selection Control Points, selectively edit photographs without the need to manually outline or mask the area for editing.
- Auto Retouch Brush, to remove blemishes and dust from images.
- Shadow/Highlight Adjustment, to open up shadows or recover blown out highlights.
- Improved Edit List, to apply common editings like auto color aberration, auto red-eye correction, vignette control, tone curves, contrast and highlight, exposure compensation and shadow protection.
- Filters, Ratings and Sorting Toolbar.
- "Interview with Keita Kimura". imaging.nikon.com. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- Lardinois, Frederic (September 17, 2012). "Google Acquires Nik Software, The Company Behind The Popular Snapseed Photo Editing App For iOS". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- "Capture NX 2 Photo Editing Software". nikonusa.com. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
|This graphics software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|