|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (February 2013)|
CarComplaints vehicle complaint page
|Headquarters||South Hero, Vermont, United States|
|Services||Automotive Complaint Information|
|Slogan(s)||What's Wrong with YOUR Car?|
|Alexa rank||11,363 USA / 55,181 Int'l|
|Advertising||Banner ads, referral marketing|
|Launched||June 27, 2000|
CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. The complaints are organized into logical groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. The average cost to fix, average mileage at failure, common solutions and individual owner comments are shown for each problem group. There is no charge or user signup required to access the complaint data, although user registration is required in order to submit a car complaint.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2013)|
CarComplaints.com was recommended in a June 2010 report from the Consumer Federation of America titled Consumer Complaint Websites: An Assessment. The CFA's report compared six generic complaint websites but singled out CarComplaints.com as a specialized resource for "consumers interested in automobiles, who should begin with carcomplaints.com." The CFA's recommendation of CarComplaints.com was repeated in media coverage by The New York Times, MSNBC, The Early Show & other news outlets.
- "CarComplaints.com - Traffic Details from Alexa". Alexa Internet, Inc. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "About Us | CarComplaints.com" Retrieved July 20, 2010.
- Jensen, Christopher (2013-03-15). "Ram Dashboards Cracking". The New York Times: Motoring. Retrieved 2013-03-19.
- Brobeck, Stephen (June 7, 2010). "Consumer Complaint Websites: An Assessment" (PDF). Consumer Federation of America. Retrieved July 20, 2010.
- Schultz, Jennifer Saranow (2010-06-07). "Tips for Searching for Complaints Online". The New York Times: Your Money. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- Sullivan, Bob (2010-06-08). "Online whining: Does it really work?". Red Tape Chronicles. MSNBC. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- Jarvis, Rebecca (2010-06-22). "Gripe About Companies, Products: Free Web Sites". CBS News: The Early Show. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Top 100 Websites of 2009". PC Magazine. July 27, 2009. Retrieved July 20, 2010.