Delevingne at Diane von Furstenberg during New York Fashion Week in 2013
|Born||Cara Jocelyn Delevingne
12 August 1992
London, United Kingdom
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)|
|Measurements||31-24-34 in (79-61-86 cm)|
|Dress size||2 (US), 6 (UK), 34 (EU)|
|Shoe size||6 (UK), 39.5 (EU)|
|Manager||Storm Model Management (London – mother agency), Women (New York), Elite (Paris & Stockholm), Scoop (Copenhagen), Fashion (Milan), Mega (Hamburg)|
Delevingne was born in London, the daughter of Pandora (née Stevens) and property developer Charles Hamar Delevingne. She attended Bedales School in Hampshire. She has two olders sister, Chloe and model Poppy Delevingne. Condé Nast executive Nicholas Coleridge is Delevingne's godfather.
Delevingne's maternal grandfather is the former publishing executive and English Heritage chairman Sir Jocelyn Stevens, nephew of magazine publisher Sir Edward George Warris Hulton and grandson of newspaper proprietor Sir Edward Hulton, 1st Baronet. Her paternal great-grandfather was the Canadian-born British politician Hamar Greenwood, 1st Viscount Greenwood.
In 2011, Delevingne was featured in Burberry's spring/summer 2011 campaign. Delevingne later became the face of Burberry's spring/summer 2012 campaign shot by Mario Testino alongside actor Eddie Redmayne.
Delevingne has featured in advertising campaigns for other brands including H&M Authentic Collection (2011), Dominic Jones Jewellery (2012), Blumarine, Zara, and Chanel. She was recently described by British Vogue as the "star face" of the autumn/winter 2012-2013 show season, having appeared on the catwalk for brands such as Shiatzy Chen, Moschino, Jason Wu, Oscar de la Renta, Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi, Stella McCartney, Dsquared and Chanel. Delevingne has graced the covers of Vogue UK, Vogue Korea, i-D, Russh, Jalouse, and Style.com's Spring 2013 issue. She also walked down the catwalk as a model in the 2012 and 2013 Victoria's Secret fashion show. She is also the face of Chanel's Resort 2013 campaign along with Dutch model Saskia de Brauw. She also landed the face of DKNY in late 2012. Delevingne's dark, bushy eyebrows are her model trademark.
Delevingne was named by the Evening Standard as one of "London's 1,000 Most Influential of 2011", in the category of "Most Invited", and, as of December 2013, is ranked number 5 on Models.com's 50 Top Models. In 2012, she also won Model of the Year at the British Fashion Awards.
Delevingne had a small part in the 2012 film adaptation of Tolstoy's Anna Karenina, as Princess Sorokina, the marriage interest of Count Vronsky played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson. In 2013, Delevingne appeared in the Grand Theft Auto V video game as the DJ for the Non-Stop-Pop FM radio station. She also stars opposite Kate Beckinsale and Daniel Bruhl in the thriller The Face of an Angel coming to cinemas in 2014.
- 2012 – Anna Karenina – Princess Sorokina
- 2013 – Grand Theft Auto V – Radio DJ (Non-Stop-Pop FM)
- 2014 – The Face of an Angel – Melanie
- "Cara Delevingne Profile at Storm Models". Storm Models. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "The Tatler List – Cara Delevingne". Tatler. Condé Nast UK. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- Waite, Alicia (16 March 2011). "Model siblings: Poppy and Cara Delevingne". The Telegraph. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- Coleridge, Nicholas (2011). Godchildren. Hachette UK. ISBN 9781409139546. See book dedication.
- Gundle, Stephen (2008). Glamour: A History. Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780199210985. "The Queen was a house magazine of the British landed and moneyed classes that was bought in 1957 by Jocelyn Stevens. Nephew of Edward Hulton, the publisher of Britain's post-war illustrated weekly, Picture Post, Stevens gradually reinvented the magazine."
- Bennett, Will (27 October 1992). "Dictatorial approach by Stevens that rarely leaves feathers unruffled". The Independent. Retrieved 27 August 2013. "For much of his life, those jobs were in journalism. His mother was a member of the Hulton Press dynasty from which he inherited an enthusiasm for the printed word and a pounds 1m fortune."
- Mosley, Charles, ed. (2003). Burke's peerage, baronetage & knightage, clan chiefs, Scottish feudal barons (107th ed. ed.). Wilmington: Burke's Peerage & Gentry. ISBN 9780971196629. Search website for "Delevingne" for snippet view.
- Fox, Imogen (7 September 2013). "Six degrees of Cara Delevingne". The Guardian. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Mayer Nissim (4 January 2012). "Eddie Redmayne, Cara Delevingne Pose for Burberry". Digital Spy. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- Fiona Raisbeck (8 March 2012). "Eddie Redmayne and Cara Delevingne Get Flirty in New Burberry Ads". Marie Claire. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- Lisa Niven (1 June 2012). "Burberry Beauty Campaign – Edie Campbell, Jourdan Dunn, Cara Delevingne". Vogue UK. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Model of the Week Cara Delevingne: The official Face of Burberry". FashionTV. 27 April 2012. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- Angelica Hermon (9 March 2012). "Beauty Crush: Cara Delevingne Takes Fashion Week By Storm!". Grazia Beauty. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Cara Delevingne Is The Face Of Chanel Resort 2013". styleite.com. 28 October 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "Saskia de Brauw and Cara Delevingne Are Golden For Chanel's Cruise 2013 Campaign by Karl Lagerfeld". Fashion Gone Rogue. 17 October 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "London's 1,000 Most Influential People 2011: Most Invited". Evening Standard. 7 November 2011. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Models.com's Top 50 Models". Models.com. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Model 2012". The British Fashion Council. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- Frank, Julia (August 29, 2013). "Cara Delevingne will become a virtual character in Grand Theft Auto". Vogue. Retrieved September 16, 2013.
- "GTA V soundtrack". Rockstar Games. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- Reese, Alex (4 February 2014). "Trailer Debuts For New Amanda Knox Trial Movie 'Face Of An Angel'". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- Cara Delevingne at the Fashion Model Directory
- Cara Delevingne Profile at models.com
- Cara Delevingne Profile at Supermodels.nl