Delevingne at Vogue London Fashion Week, September 2014
|Born||Cara Jocelyn Delevingne
12 August 1992
London, England, United Kingdom
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)|
|Measurements||31-24-34 in (79-61-86 cm)|
|Dress size||2 (US), 6 (UK), 34 (EU)|
|Shoe size||6 (UK), 39.5 (EU)|
|Manager||Storm Model Management (London – mother agency), Women (New York), Elite (Paris & Stockholm), Scoop (Copenhagen), Fashion (Milan), Mega (Hamburg)|
Delevingne was born in London, the daughter of Pandora Anne Delevingne (née Stevens) and property developer Charles Hamar Delevingne. She attended Bedales School in Hampshire. She has two older sisters, Chloe and model Poppy Delevingne. Her godfather is Condé Nast executive Nicholas Coleridge, and her godmother is actress Joan Collins.
Delevingne's maternal grandfather was publishing executive and English Heritage chairman Sir Jocelyn Stevens, nephew of magazine publisher Sir Edward George Warris Hulton and grandson of newspaper proprietor Sir Edward Hulton, 1st Baronet. Her maternal grandmother Janie Sheffield was lady-in-waiting to Princess Margaret. Her paternal great-grandfather was the Canadian-born British politician Hamar Greenwood, 1st Viscount Greenwood. Through one of her maternal great-great-grandfathers, Sir Lionel Lawson Faudel Faudel-Phillips, 3rd Baronet, Delevingne descends from the Anglo-Jewish Faudel-Phillips baronets; two of her ancestors on that line served as Lord Mayor of London.
In 2011, Delevingne was featured in Burberry's spring/summer 2011 campaign. Delevingne later became the face of Burberry's spring/summer 2012 campaign shot by Mario Testino alongside actor Eddie Redmayne.
Delevingne began her modelling career at a young age - she first appeared in Vogue Italia at age 10, having modelled in ads for Cadbury. She is currently the face of Burberry's Beauty campaign alongside fellow British models Edie Campbell and Jourdan Dunn.
Delevingne has featured in advertising campaigns for other brands including H&M Authentic Collection (2011), Dominic Jones Jewellery (2012), Blumarine, DKNY, Tom Ford, Yves Saint Laurent, Zara, Chanel. She was recently described by British Vogue as the "star face" of the autumn/winter 2012-2013 show season, having appeared on the catwalk for brands such as Shiatzy Chen, Moschino, Jason Wu, Oscar de la Renta, Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi, Stella McCartney, Dsquared, Lanvin, Givenchy and Chanel. Delevingne has graced the covers of Vogue UK thrice including a supplement cover in 2011, Vogue (Korea, Australia, Brasil, Japan, Italia, Portugal), LOVE, i-D, Russh, Jalouse, and Style.com's Spring 2013 issue. In addition, she was the cover girl of W's September 2013 issue. She also walked down the catwalk as a model in the 2012 and 2013 Victoria's Secret fashion shows. She is also the face of Chanel's Resort 2013 campaign along with Dutch model Saskia de Brauw. She also landed the face of DKNY in late 2012. In 2012, and 2014, Delevingne won the "Model of the Year" award at the British Fashion Awards. In January 2015, After her 2013 and 2014 appearances in campaigns she was announced as the new face of Yves Saint Laurent Beauté. On 23 January 2015 Delevingne, was named as the new brand ambassador of Swiss watch brand TAG Heuer. 
Delevingne had a small part in the 2012 film adaptation of Anna Karenina, as Princess Sorokina, the marriage interest of Count Vronsky. In 2013, she voiced the DJ of the Non-Stop-Pop FM radio station in the video game Grand Theft Auto V. She starred in the thriller The Face of an Angel (2014). In April 2014, it was reported that she will play Henrietta in the period romance film Tulip Fever. She will also play a mermaid in the 2015 fantasy film Pan. On 16 September 2014, it was announced that she would star as Margo Roth Spiegelman in the film adaptation of the novel Paper Towns. In November 2014, Cara featured in Die Antwoord's latest music video for their song, Ugly Boy. In December 2014 Cara starred in Reincarnation, a short film by Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel alongside Pharrell Williams and Geraldine Chaplin. The same month, it was announced that Cara had joined the cast of Suicide Squad, an upcoming superhero movie based off the DC comic book series of the same name. She will be playing the Enchantress, a villainess with magical abilities.
Delevingne sings and plays the drums. In 2013, she recorded an acoustic duet cover version of "Sonnentanz" with British soul and jazz singer/songwriter Will Heard. Delevingne recently teamed up with Pharrell Williams to make the song CC The World. It has been used for the short Chanel film directed by Karl Lagerfeld 'Reincarnation' in which both Pharrell and Delevingne star. The short film was released to the public on 1 December 2014.
In the media
- Delevingne was named by the Evening Standard as one of "London's 1,000 Most Influential of 2011", in the category of "Most Invited".
- In March 2014, she was included in The Sunday Times Magazine "100 Makers of the 21st Century" list of influential British people.
|2012||Anna Karenina||Princess Sorokina|
|2014||Reincarnation by Chanel||Naughty Barmaid
Empress Elisabeth of Austria
|2014||The Face of an Angel||Melanie|
|2014||The Feeling Nuts Comedy Night||Herself||Television film|
|2015||Kids in Love||Viola|
|2015||London Fields||Kath Talent|
|2015||Paper Towns||Margo Roth Spiegelman|
|2016||Suicide Squad||June Moone / Enchantress|
|2014||Playhouse Presents||Chloe||Episode: "Timeless"|
|2014||Die Antwoord||"Ugly Boy"|
|2013||Grand Theft Auto V||Non-Stop-Pop FM DJ||Voice|
Awards and nominations
|2012||British Fashion Awards||Model of the Year||Won|
|2014||British Fashion Awards||Model of the Year||Won|
|2014||Capricho Awards||More Style||Nominated|
|2014||Capricho Awards||Best Instagram||Nominated|
|2015||Elle Style Awards||Breakthrough Actress||Won|
- "Cara Delevingne Profile at Storm Models". Storm Models. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- Gonsalves, Rebecca (15 February 2013). "All runways lead to Cara Delevingne. But what's so special about the new Kate Moss?". The Independent. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- Haynes, Gavin (10 April 2013). "A Moron's Guide to Cara Delevingne". Vice. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- Mosley, Charles, ed. (2003). Burke's peerage, baronetage & knightage, clan chiefs, Scottish feudal barons (107th ed. ed.). Wilmington: Burke's Peerage & Gentry. ISBN 9780971196629. Search website for "Delevingne" for snippet view.
- Herrmann, Joshi (29 November 2012). "The divine Delevingnes: Cara Delevingne's society family". London Evening Standard. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- Fox, Imogen (7 September 2013). "Six degrees of Cara Delevingne". The Guardian. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Jones, Ellen E (21 February 2014). "Why Britain's most successful model Cara Delevingne is the face of the decade". The Independent. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "The Tatler List – Cara Delevingne". Tatler. Condé Nast UK. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- Waite, Alicia (16 March 2011). "Model siblings: Poppy and Cara Delevingne". The Telegraph. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- Coleridge, Nicholas (2011). Godchildren. Hachette UK. ISBN 9781409139546. See book dedication.
- Kay, Karen (10 February 2013). "Cara Delevingne: the eyes have it for Britain's newest supermodel". The Observer. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- Gundle, Stephen (2008). Glamour: A History. Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780199210985.
The Queen was a house magazine of the British landed and moneyed classes that was bought in 1957 by Jocelyn Stevens. Nephew of Edward Hulton, the publisher of Britain's post-war illustrated weekly, Picture Post, Stevens gradually reinvented the magazine.
- Bennett, Will (27 October 1992). "Dictatorial approach by Stevens that rarely leaves feathers unruffled". The Independent. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
For much of his life, those jobs were in journalism. His mother was a member of the Hulton Press dynasty from which he inherited an enthusiasm for the printed word and a pounds 1m fortune.
- Nelson, Karin (February 2013). "Heavenly Creature". W Magazine. Condé Nast. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "Person Page 47557". Thepeerage.com. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "John Sheffield". Telegraph. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Anglo Jewish Coats of Arms: Being a List of Armorial Bearings in Current Use ... - Alfred Rubens - Google Books". Books.google.ca. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Cara Delevingne – Fashion Model – Profile on New York Magazine". New York Magazine. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- Mayer Nissim (4 January 2012). "Eddie Redmayne, Cara Delevingne Pose for Burberry". Digital Spy. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- Fiona Raisbeck (8 March 2012). "Eddie Redmayne and Cara Delevingne Get Flirty in New Burberry Ads". Marie Claire. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- Lisa Niven (1 June 2012). "Burberry Beauty Campaign – Edie Campbell, Jourdan Dunn, Cara Delevingne". Vogue UK. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Model of the Week Cara Delevingne: The official Face of Burberry". FashionTV. 27 April 2012. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- Angelica Hermon (9 March 2012). "Beauty Crush: Cara Delevingne Takes Fashion Week By Storm!". Grazia Beauty. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Cara Delevingne". Models.com. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- Nelson, Karin (16 September 2013). "Celebrating with Cara". W Magazine. Condé Nast. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "Cara Delevingne Is The Face Of Chanel Resort 2013". styleite.com. 28 October 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "Saskia de Brauw and Cara Delevingne Are Golden For Chanel's Cruise 2013 Campaign by Karl Lagerfeld". Fashion Gone Rogue. 17 October 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "Model 2012". British Fashion Council. Archived from the original on 8 February 2013. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- "2014 Winners". British Fashion Awards. 2014-12-01. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- Corpaci, Maybe (2015-01-21). "Cara For Ysl Beauté". Elle. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- Royce, Sarah (2015-01-23). "Five minutes with Cara Delevingne: TAG Heuer's new brand ambassador". Telegraph. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- Frank, Julia (29 August 2013). "Cara Delevingne will become a virtual character in Grand Theft Auto". Vogue. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- "GTA V soundtrack". Rockstar Games. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- Reese, Alex (4 February 2014). "Trailer Debuts For New Amanda Knox Trial Movie 'Face Of An Angel'". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- Yamato, Jen (24 April 2014). "UK Model Cara Delevingne In Talks For 'Tulip Fever' & 'Pan' Roles". Deadline.com. PMC. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- "Cara Delevingne Lands Female Lead in John Green’s ‘Paper Towns’ (EXCLUSIVE)".
- . 4 November 2014 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMK0prafzw0. Retrieved 7 November 2014. Missing or empty
- "FILMS – Chanel News - Fashion news and behind the scene features". Chanel-news.chanel.com. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- Justin Kroll (2014-12-02). "Suicide Squad Cast: Jared Leto as Joker, Will Smith is Deadshot". Variety. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- Sowray, Bibby (25 June 2013). "WATCH: Cara Delevingne debuts drumming skills". The Telegraph. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- Karmali, Sarah (20 August 2013). "Watch: Cara Delevingne In The Recording Studio". Vogue News. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- Milligan, Lauren (21 November 2013). "The Truth About Cara's Singing Career". Vogue News. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- mtv (2014-12-02). "Pharrell And Cara Delevingne Have An Epic Dance To 'CC The World' In This Chanel Short Film". MTV. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "London's 1,000 Most Influential People 2011: Most Invited". Evening Standard. 7 November 2011. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Britain's movers and shakers". The Sunday Times Magazine. 9 March 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- Corcoran, Caroline (10 March 2014). "Comment: Cara Delevingne is one of the most influential people in the country? Oh, please". MSN Her. Microsoft. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- Newbold, Alice (3 October 2013). "Cara Delevingne to star in London Fields adaptation". Telegraph. Archived from the original on 4 October 2013. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Alexander, Ella (5 March 2014). "Cara Delevingne Coming To A Television Near You". Vogue. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Hannah Ellis-Petersen. "Cara Delevingne lands lead role in Paper Towns | Fashion". The Guardian. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- Rachel McRady (2014-09-17). "Cara Delevingne Lands Starring Role in John Green's Movie Paper Towns - Us Weekly". M.usmagazine.com. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- Earnshaw, Jessica (2014-09-17). "Cara Delevingne lands first LEAD role in film adaptation of John Green's Paper Towns | Daily Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "'Mermazing': Supermodel Cara Delevingne smoulders underwater as she plays a magical mermaid in the new Pan trailer". Daily Mail. 26 November 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- ""Suicide Squad" Cast Revealed with Jared Leto as Joker". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- Sowray, Bibby (1 May 2014). "Cara Delevingne compared to Audrey Hepburn in first major acting role". Telegraph. Archived from the original on 2 May 2014. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cara Delevingne.|
- Cara Delevingne on Twitter
- Cara Delevingne on Instagram
- Cara Delevingne at the Internet Movie Database
- Cara Delevingne at the Fashion Model Directory