|Established||July 15, 2009|
|Current owner(s)||Giuseppe, Antonio, Cosimo, and Geraldo Bruno|
|Chef||Isauro “Luis” Rosas and Massimo Bebber|
|Dress code||Smart casual; shorts are not allowed|
|Street address||23 East 74th Street (between 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue), on the Upper East Side, in Manhattan|
Caravaggio is an Italian restaurant located at 23 East 74th Street (between 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue) on the Upper East Side in Manhattan, in New York City. It is around the corner from the Whitney Museum of American Art.
Its co-executive chefs are Isauro “Luis” Rosas and Massimo Bebber. Among its dishes are meatballs, eggplant parmigiana, roasted red snapper, roasted swordfish, dover sole, veal chops, ossobuco with saffron risotto, bomboloni, and cannoli.
The restaurant exhibits two paintings and a sculpture by pop artist Donald Baechler. It also exhibits art by Frank Stella and Ellsworth Kelly, and four original Henri Matisse stencil lithographs. It has silk-lined walls, and leather seating.
In 2013, Zagats gave it a food rating of 26, the fourth-best in the East 70s. That same year, a review in The New York Times described it as "one of the most civilized Italian restaurants to turn up anywhere in the city in the last few years." The Michelin Guide described it as "a good reason to dress up and splurge".
- "Caravaggio ★ White-Linen Italian Civility; Restaurant Review: Caravaggio on the Italian Upper East Side". The New York Times. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- "Caravaggio". Caravaggioristorante.com. May 14, 2013. Retrieved January 20, 2013.
- Caravaggio | Manhattan | Restaurant Menus and Reviews. Zagat. 2013. Retrieved January 20, 2013.
- "Caravaggio". Caravaggioristorante.com. July 15, 2009. Retrieved January 20, 2013.
- "Caravaggio – Upper East Side – New York, NY 10021". Metromix New York. Retrieved January 20, 2013.
- Gael Greene (August 23, 2009). "Caravaggio – Restaurant Review; Caravaggio’s kitchen searches for mojo in upscale neighborhood". Crain's New York Business. Retrieved January 20, 2013.
- Adam Platt. "Caravaggio – Upper East Side". New York Magazine Restaurant Guide. Retrieved January 20, 2013.
- Aubrey Therkelsen (February 24, 2010). "Caravaggio | 23 E 74th St | Restaurants". Time Out New York. Retrieved January 20, 2013.
- "The Stories Behind Our Favorite NYC Restaurants". Guestofaguest.com. Retrieved February 19, 2014.
- Caravaggio: Useful information and the Michelin Guide review. Viamichelin.com. Retrieved February 19, 2014.
- "Caravaggio". Via Michelin. Retrieved February 17, 2014.
- Crain's review
- New York review
- Time Out review