||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the French Wikipedia. (July 2014)|
Aéroport de Carcassonne
|IATA: CCF – ICAO: LFMK|
|Operator||CCI Carcassonne Limoux Castelnaudary|
|Elevation AMSL||434 ft / 132 m|
Location of Languedoc-Roussillon region in France
|Sources: French AIP, UAF, DAFIF|
Carcassonne Airport (French: Aéroport de Carcassonne) (IATA: CCF, ICAO: LFMK) is an airport serving Carcassonne and the south of Languedoc. The airport is located on the western edge of the city, 3 km (2 nautical miles) from the city center, in the Aude department of the Languedoc-Roussillon region in France. It is also known as Salvaza Airport, Carcassonne Salvaza Airport or Carcassonne Airport in Pays Cathare (Aéroport de Carcassonne en Pays Cathare). The airport handles commercial national and international flights as well as private, non-regular air traffic.
In the late 1990s the airport started taking budget flights to and from European airports and in 2006 had regular flight connections with Dublin, Shannon, Stansted, Liverpool, East Midlands and Charleroi.
In 2011, the airport served 368,000 passengers.
The airport resides at an elevation of 434 feet (132 m) above mean sea level. It has one paved runway designated which measures 2,050 by 45 metres (6,726 ft × 148 ft). It also has a parallel unpaved runway with a grass surface measuring 800 by 30 metres (2,625 ft × 98 ft). It can cater for aircraft operating under VFR.
A campus of the École nationale de l'aviation civile is also located at the airport.
Airlines and destinations
|Ryanair||Charleroi, Dublin, Liverpool, London-Stansted
Seasonal: Billund, Bournemouth, Cork, East Midlands, Eindhoven, Glasgow-International [Begins 30 March 2015], Porto, Prestwick [Ends 22 October 2014]
- PDF). AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 18 Sep 2014. (
- (French) Aéroport de Carcassonne en Pays Cathare at Union des Aéroports Français
- Airport information for LFMK from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for CCF at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Carcassonne Airport, official site (English)
- Aéroport de Carcassonne en Pays Cathare, official site (French)
- Current weather for LFMK at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for CCF at Aviation Safety Network