Aéroport de Carcassonne
|IATA: CCF – ICAO: LFMK|
|Operator||CCI Carcassonne Limoux Castelnaudary|
|Elevation AMSL||434 ft / 132 m|
|Languedoc-Roussillon region in France|
|Sources: French AIP, UAF, DAFIF|
Carcassonne Airport (French: Aéroport de Carcassonne) (IATA: CCF, ICAO: LFMK) is an airport serving Carcassonne and the south of Languedoc. The airport is located on the western edge of the city, 3 km (2 nautical miles) from the city center, in the Aude department of the Languedoc-Roussillon region in France. It is also known as Salvaza Airport, Carcassonne Salvaza Airport or Carcassonne Airport in Pays Cathare (Aéroport de Carcassonne en Pays Cathare).
In the late 1990s the airport started taking budget flights to and from European airports and in 2006 had regular flight connections with Dublin, Shannon, Stansted, Liverpool, East Midlands and Charleroi.
In 2011, the airport served 368,000 passengers.
The airport resides at an elevation of 434 feet (132 m) above mean sea level. It has one paved runway designated which measures 2,050 by 45 metres (6,726 × 148 ft). It also has a parallel unpaved runway with a grass surface measuring 800 by 30 metres (2,625 × 98 ft). A campus of the École nationale de l'aviation civile is also located at the airport.
Airlines and destinations
|Ryanair||Beauvais, Charleroi, Dublin, Eindhoven, Liverpool, London-Stansted
Seasonal: Billund, Bournemouth, Cork, Glasgow-Prestwick, Nottingham/East Midlands, Porto
- PDF). AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 14 Nov 2013. (
- (French) Aéroport de Carcassonne en Pays Cathare at Union des Aéroports Français
- Airport information for LFMK from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for CCF at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Carcassonne Airport, official site (English)
- Aéroport de Carcassonne en Pays Cathare, official site (French)
- Current weather for LFMK at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for CCF at Aviation Safety Network