Old grist mill, Spencerville
|County||Leeds and Grenville|
|• Mayor||William Sloan|
|• Federal riding||Leeds—Grenville|
|• Prov. riding||Leeds—Grenville|
|• Land||312.34 km2 (120.60 sq mi)|
|• Density||22.3/km2 (58/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Postal Code FSA||K0E|
The Township of Edwardsburgh/Cardinal was formed on January 1, 2001, through the amalgamation of Edwardsburgh Township with the Village of Cardinal.
Cardinal is a small village located in the township of Edwardsburgh/Cardinal. Situated along the Saint Lawrence River, between the towns of Iroquois to the east and Johnstown to the west, Cardinal has approximately one thousand residents.
Hugh Munro built a grist-mill at Point Cardinal in 1796. Small industries capitalized on the water power offered by the Galops Rapids. By 1864, Cardinal's business concerns included the McLatchie foundry and the Canada Starch Works.
- "Edwardsburgh/Cardinal census profile". 2011 Census of Population. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- http://www.heritagefdn.on.ca/userfiles/HTML/nts_1_5866_1.html Ontario Heritage Trust Founding of Cardinal
- "2011 Community Profiles". Canada 2011 Census. Statistics Canada. July 5, 2013. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
||North Grenville||North Dundas|
|Prescott||Saint Lawrence River, bridge to
Ogdensburg, Lisbon (New York, USA)
|This Eastern Ontario geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|