||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Russian Wikipedia. (March 2013)|
Cardiophysics is an interdisciplinary science that stands at the junction of cardiology and biophysics, with researchers using the methods of, and theories from, physics to study cardiovascular system at different levels of its organisation, from the molecular scale to whole organisms. Being formed historically as part of systems biology, cardiophysics designed to reveal connections between the physical mechanisms, underlying the organization of the cardiovascular system, and biological features of its functioning.
One can use interchangeably also the terms cardiovascular physics.
- Biomedical engineering
- Important publications in medical physics
- Medical biophysics
- Peter Kohl, Frederick Sachs, Michael R. Franz (2011). Cardiac Mechano-Electric Coupling and Arrhythmias. ISBN 978-0-19-957016-4.
- Zhuchkova, E., Radnayev, B., Vysotsky, S. & Loskutov, A. (2009). "Suppression of turbulent dynamics in models of cardiac tissue by weak local excitations". In S.K. Dana, P.K. Roy, J. Kurths (Eds.). Understanding Complex Systems. Berlin: Springer. pp. 89–105.
- Moskalenko A. (2012). "Tachycardia as “Shadow Play”". In Takumi Yamada (Eds.). Tachycardia. Croatia: InTech. p. 202. ISBN 978-953-51-0413-1.
- Crampin E. J., Halstead M., Hunter P., Nielsen P., Noble D., Smith N., Tawhai M. (2003). "Computational physiology and the physiome project". Exp. Physiol. 89 (1): 1–26. doi:10.1113/expphysiol.2003.026740.
- Hunter, P. J., Kohl, P., Noble D. (2001). "Integrative models of heart: achievements and limitations". Phil. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. A 359: 1049–1054.
- Noble D. (2002). "Modelling the heart: from genes to cells to whole organ". Science 295: 1678–1682. doi:10.1126/science.1069881.
- Moskalenko A.V. (2009). "Nonlinear effects of lidocaine on polymorphism of ventricular arrhythmias". Biophysics 54 (1): 47–50. doi:10.1134/s0006350909010084.
- Moskalenko A.V., Elkin Yu. E. (2009). "The lacet: a new type of the spiral wave behavior". Chaos, Solitons and Fractals 40 (1): 426–431. doi:10.1016/j.chaos.2007.07.081.
- Wessel, N., Malberg, H., Bauernschmitt, R., Kurths J. (2007). "Nonlinear methods of cardiovascular physics and their clinic application". International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos 17 (10): 3325–3371. doi:10.1142/s0218127407019093.
- Wiener N., Rosenblueth A. (1946). "The mathimatical formulation of the problem of conduction of impulses in a network of connected exitable elements, specifically in cardiac muscle". Arch. Inst. Cardiologia de Mexico 16 (3–4): 205–265.
- Bioelectric Information Processing Laboratory of the Institute for Information Transmission Problems RAS.
- The Group of Experimental and Clinical Cardiology in the Laboratory of Physiology of emotion, Research Institute of normal physiology by Anokhin(Russian) RAMS
- Oxford Cardiac Electrophysiology Group, led many years already by Prof. Denis Noble
- Cardiac Biophysics and Systems Biology group of National Heart & Lung Institute of Imperial College London
- Group of Nonlinear Dynamics & Cardiovascular Physics(German) of the 1st Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences in the Institute of Physics of Humboldt University of Berlin