Carefree Highway (song)
|Single by Gordon Lightfoot|
|from the album Sundown|
|B-side||"Seven Island Suite"|
|Genre||Folk, Country Rock|
|Gordon Lightfoot singles chronology|
"Carefree Highway" is a song written by Gordon Lightfoot and was second single release from his 1974 album, Sundown. The song peaked at number ten on the Billboard Hot 100 and spent one week at number one on the Easy Listening chart in October 1974. The song's name comes from the name of Arizona State Route 74 north of Phoenix.
|Australian Kent Music Report||74|
|Canadian RPM Top Singles||11|
|Canadian RPM Adult Contemporary||1|
|Canadian RPM Country Tracks||1|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||10|
|U.S. Billboard Easy Listening||1|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles||81|
"Stop and Smell the Roses" by Mac Davis
|Billboard Easy Listening Singles number-one single by Gordon Lightfoot
October 19, 1974
"Back Home Again" by John Denver
"I Honestly Love You"
by Olivia Newton-John
|RPM Country Tracks
November 30, 1974
by Tom T. Hall
- Whitburn, Joel (2002). Top Adult Contemporary: 1961-2001. Record Research. p. 146.
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992. Australian Chart Book. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- "RPM Top Singles for November 23, 1974". RPM. Retrieved 11 October 2010.
- "RPM Adult Contemporary for October 12, 1974". RPM. Retrieved 11 October 2010.
- "RPM Country Tracks for November 30, 1974". RPM. Retrieved 11 October 2010.