|Hubs||John C Munro Hamilton International Airport
Vancouver International Airport
|Secondary hubs||Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport|
|Parent company||Cargojet Inc.|
|Headquarters||Mississauga, Ontario, Canada|
|Key people||Ajay Virmani (President & CEO)|
Cargojet Inc. (TSX: CJT) is a scheduled cargo airline based in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. It operates cargo services in Canada and internationally, as well as full aircraft charters. Its main base is John C Munro Hamilton International Airport. Cargojet Airways is a public company with 400 employees and 24 million USD market capitalization.
The airline was established on 21 February 2002 and started operations in June 2002. It was formerly Canada 3000 Cargo. Ajay Virmani initially acquired 50% of Canada 3000 Cargo in July 2001 and bought the remaining half in February 2002. He is the Chief Executive and President of the airline. The name change to Cargojet came into effect on 22 February 2002. In July 2002 it acquired Winnport Logistics. It is wholly owned by Ajay Virmani and has 405 employees (at March 2007).
On July 17, 2007 Cargojet Airways acquired the Georgian Express cargo operations. The regional operation will operate under the name CARGOJET REGIONAL. When acquired Georgian Express operates three Beech 1900 freighter and four Cessna Caravan freighter aircraft.
On May 1, 2008 Cargojet Airways acquired 51% ownership of Prince Edward Air Ltd.. In 2008 Cargojet also started a fleet renewal program that consisted of acquiring one Boeing 757-200ER and two Boeing 767-200ER. The 757-200ER that entered service in 2008 is a former TUIfly Nordic converted from passenger service to a freighter operation by Precision Freighter. The two 767-200ER are former American Airlines passenger jets converted to freighter operation by Israeli Aerospace Industries.
Cargojet Airways operates freight services to the following destinations (as of 2013, not including charters):
- Domestic (mainline):
- Domestic (truck connection):
- International (mainline):
- International (truck connection) :
- Newark, NJ from Hamilton.
Arctic Co-op Limited
Canadian North Cargo
|Boeing 727||11||727-200AF||60,000 lb||C-FCJP (stored at Hamilton), C-FCJF, C-FCJU, C-FCJV, C-GCJB, C-GCJD, C-GCJK, C-GCJN, C-GCJQ, C-GCJZ, C-GUJC|
|Boeing 757||1||757-200F||80,000 lb||C-FKCJ|
|Boeing 767||2||767-200ERF||100,000 lb||C-FMCJ, C-FGAJ|
- "Company Profile for Cargojet Income Fund (CA;CJT.UN)". Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- "Cargojet Acquires The Cargo Assets of Georgian Express Ltd. Press Release July 15, 2007". Cargojet.com. 2007-07-17. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "Cargojet Completes Purchase Of Prince Edward Air Ltd. Press Release". Cargojet.com. 2008-05-01. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "FlightVibe Spring 2008" (PDF). Spring 2008. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "Press Release on Sale of Regional Network". Cargojet.com. 2010-07-15. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "2013 Schedule" (PDF). 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- "Moncton airport lands cargo flight deal". CBC News. 9 March 2012.
- "Cargojet fleet". Cargojet.com. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "Canadian Civil Aircraft Register". Transport Canada. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cargojet Airways.|