Caribbean Carnival is the term used for a number of events that take place in many of the Caribbean islands annually.
The Caribbean's Carnivals all have several common themes many originating from Trinidad and Tobago Carnival, based on folklore, culture, religion,and tradition (thus relating to the European use of the word, not on amusement rides, as the word "carnival" is often used in American English). Carnival tradition is based on a number of disciplines including: "Playing Mas"/Masquerade; Calypso Music and crowning a Calypso King or Monarch; Panorama (Steel Band Competition); Jouvert morning; and a number of other traditions.
International Caribbean Carnivals 
- "Caribe-Expo" – In the city of Ottawa in Ontario, Canada.
- "Carifiesta" – In the city of Montreal in Quebec, Canada, typically 2–3 weeks before Toronto's Caribana.
- "Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival Toronto" – In Toronto, Ontario, it draws close to a million visitors to the city. Formerly "Caribana", it is known as the best Caribbean carnival outside of Trinidad and Tobago.
- "Carnival" – In the city of Hamilton, 1 week after Toronto's Caribana.
- "Carifest" – In the city of Edmonton in Alberta, Canada.
- "Cariwest" – Held annually the second week of August in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Cariwest boasts an amazing display of masqueraders in the main parade, and is a beautiful festival full of food and entertainment in the heart of downtown.
Barrie's Caribfest is Canada’s second largest Caribbean Festival. It is held on the shores of Lake Simcoe in the beautiful city of Barrie. However, the activities extends throughout downtown Barrie as the costume wind its way through downtown streets, along Lakeshore Drive to Centennial Park, the location of the main stage. This dynamic, exciting event features some of the best Canadian and international Caribbean performers in music, dance, costumes, and world drumming.
One of the unique attraction that distinguishes this Caribbean event is the location where it is held. People from the GTA have commented on the fact that they can jump up in the parade and at the end of the day jump in the lake to have a swim. This gives the event a unique Caribbean feel which has not been duplicated by any other Caribbean related event in Canada.
This dynamic, exciting event features some of the best Canadian and international Caribbean performers in music, dance, costumes, and world drumming.
Events are held from Friday to Sunday throughout every third weekend of August
- Carnaval Antillais de Colombes – every year late June.
- Carnaval Tropical de Paris – every year early July.
- Carnaval of French West Indies, about two months between the Sunday of Epiphany and Ash Wednesday
- Berlin – Karneval der Kulturen (Carnival of Cultures), every year in May (Whitsuntide weekend)
The Netherlands 
- Rotterdam – "Summer Carnival" Zomercarnaval: Occurs every year in July. Each year there are more than 800.000 visitors.
United Kingdom 
- Birmingham – "Birmingham International Carnival"
- Isle of Wight –
- Leicester – "Leicester Caribbean Carnival"
- London – "Notting Hill Carnival" - in Notting Hill located in Northwest London,
- Leeds – "Leeds West Indian Carnival" - Sometimes referred to as Chapeltown Carnival; the oldest West Indian Carnival in Europe.
- Nottingham – "Nottingham Caribbean Carnival", at the Forest Recreation Ground in Nottingham,
- Bristol – "St Pauls Carnival" 
- Preston – "Preston Caribbean Carnival" 
United States 
- Atlanta Carnival Atlanta, GA – Last weekend in May, usually falls on Memorial Day weekend
- Baltimore, MD – Baltimore Caribbean-American Festival held every July in Druid Hill Park neighborhood in Baltimore.
- Boston, MA – Last Saturday in August, Dorchester, MA
- Cambridge, MA – Cambridge Carnival International, September 12 – Held in Kendall Square
- Chicago, IL – Chicago CARIFETE, Third Saturday in August, on the Midway Plaisance in the confines of the University of Chicago Campus.
- Austin, TX – Carnaval Brasileiro, February the 3rd
- Broward/Miami Caribbean Carnival  Miami, FL – The second weekend in October, Columbus Day weekend.
- Houston, TX – Usually the weekend around Fourth of July.
- Long Island, NY – Weekend after Labor Day Carnival – Held in Hempstead
- Minneapolis, MN – CARIFEST – Usually held the fourth weekend of July along West River Road right next to the Mississippi River. (www.Carifest.org)
- New Orleans, LA – In November, the bayou Bacchanal is held on the first Saturday in downtown and Armstrong Park.
- New York, NY – Labor Day Carnival – Held in Brooklyn, along Eastern Parkway, with over 2.3 million visitors annually
- Orlando, FL – This is usually held the last weekend in May, which is typically Memorial Day weekend. Most recently been held at the Citrus Bowl.
- Seattle, WA – Pioneer Square, annual Fat Tuesday celebration.
- Tacoma, WA – PLU campus Carnival, near Fat Tuesday
- Tampa, FL – Usually held the beginning of June in St. Petersburg, FL (Greater Tampa Bay Area) at Vinoy Park. Recently moved for 2011 to Raymond James Stadium.
- Norfolk,VA – Virginia CaribFest,(2nd weekend in July)
- Washington D.C. – DC Caribbean Festival, usually between June 16–24 every year.
- Charleston Carifest, Charleston, SC – Third weekend in June (a week before DC Caribbean Festival).
See also 
- Antigua Carnival
- List of calypso musicians
- List of chutney musicians
- List of islands in the Caribbean
- Mardi Gras
- Trinidad Carnival