Caring for the World Films
Caring For The World Films (CFTWF) is an American documentary production company established in 2007. It develops, produces and distributes films and programming about humanitarian and other non-profit organizations. It became a 501(c) 3 non-profit video production company in August 2009. It has produced or distributed 5 documentary shorts and over a dozen mini shorts.
The concept of Caring For The World Films came about in 2003 when founder, photojournalist Debi Lang was covering the Iraq War. Her belief that positive stories could be found in seemingly hopeless places was the catalyst to create the company. In 2005, she was contacted to conduct a background check on a relatively unknown humanitarian organization—Cape CARES Cape CARES in order to determine if the group was legitimate. Through this process, Lang realized there was a need for non-profits to be thoroughly vetted in the story development. She established a model in which the organization undergoes a strict vetting process which includes analyzing financials, sustainability and impact utilizing investigative journalism practices. Additionally, the film crew joins the organization on numerous missions to gain first-hand perspective of the mission as volunteers and observing with a critical eye.
In 2007, CFTWF began production on a pilot series about Cape CARES. The three episode project took 3 years to complete. In 2010 and 2011 CFTWF received 3 bronze Telly Awards, 2 bronze Omni Awards, 2013 World Fest Remi Special Jury Award and two film festival invitations for Road To San Marcos, Return To San Marcos and Behind The Lines In Los Encinitos.
In 2010, production began on Hearts In The Himalayas, which is based on the efforts of Nepalese NGO Himalayan HealthCare. The film was completed in 2012 and received 2 Telly Awards, 4 Omni Awards,Best Short Merit Award for Women Filmmaker. In 2013, it was nominated for Best Social Impact Film by the Social Impact Media Awards and received the Communicator Gold Award of Excellence by the International Academy of the Visual Arts. It was awarded the Humanitarian Award at the 2013 Third World Indie Film Festival and screened at the 2013 Chicago Social Impact Film Festival.
- 2008 Road To San Marcos (Cape CARES Trilogy part 1) Telly Award Winner, Omni Award Winner
- 2009 Return To San Marcos (Cape CARES Trilogy part 2) Telly Award Winner, Omni Award Winner, Official Selection of Lights. Camera.Help. Film Festival 2010
- 2010 Behind The Lines In Los Encinitos (Cape CARES Trilogy part 3)Bayou City Inspirational Film Fest Winner
- 2010 Building A Better Belize (Teachers For A Better Belize; TFABB)
- 2011 Hearts In The Himalayas (Trailer)
- 2012 Hearts In The Himalayas (Himalayan HealthCare Documentary)
Caring For The World Films
|Type||501 c 3|
|Remarks||IRS EIN 27-0711338|
- In The Himalayas
- United Nations Media Globe
- Shorts Award
- Pegasus News
- Dallas Morning News
- Advocate Magazine
- Dallas Morning News
- Robert McKersie "Foothills of Medicine"
- Himalayan HealthCare News
- Official website of Caring For The World Films
- Caring For The World Films Video Gallery
- The Humanitarian Channel on Vimeo
- CARING FOR THE WORLD FILMS TV
- Caring For The World Films Facebook
- Caring For The World Films Twitter
- Guide Star Non Profit Report Caring For The World Films
- Caring For The World Films Founder Linked In