Carl-Alexander von Volborth
Born in Berlin-Charlottenburg, von Volborth received the Gustaf von Numers Prize 1984 in the XVIth International Congress of Genealogical and Heraldic Sciences in Helsinki. He was a member of HEROLD, Verein für Heraldik, Genealogie und verwandte Wissenschaften zu Berlin e. V. from 1990 and a member of Académie Internationale d'Héraldique.
Von Volborth lived and worked in the United States (Cincinnati, Ohio) during 50's and 60's of the twentieth century. He was a teacher on the Cincinnati art school. Von Volborth married twice: Rose (divorced 60's, 70's?) and a Belgian diplomat. His first marriage produced two sons.
Von Volborth was admitted to the Johanniterorden ("Order of Saint John") in 1977. Four years later, he received the accolade as a Knight of Justice (Rechtsritter) in the Order. In 1962, Von Volborth illustrated and published a roll of arms of the knights of the Order living in North America.
- Roll of Arms of Knights of the Bailiwick of Brandenburg of the Chivalric Order of St. John of the Hospital of Jerusalem Called "Johanniter-Orden" Who live in the United States and Canada, 1962
- Heraldry: Customs, Rules, and Styles Poole, Dorset, New Orchard Editions, 1981, 229 pp.
- The Art of Heraldry, Poole, Dorset, Blandford Press, 1984, 224 pp.
- Heraldry of the World (edited by Hubert Chesshyre) Poole, Dorset, Blandford Press, 1973, 251 pp.
- Little Manual of Heraldry: A Synoptical Approach
- The Very Dubious Codex Senilski (with Marc Van de Cruys), Homunculus, Wijnegem, 2004
- The Very Peculiar Codex of Pluckingham Court, Homunculus, Wijnegem, 2006
- Verzeichnis der Mitglieder der Balley Brandenburg des Ritterlichen Ordens St. Johannis vom Spital zu Jerusalem; Berlin: Der Johanniterorden, 2008; page 111.
|This heraldry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|