Carl-Alexander von Volborth
Born in Berlin-Charlottenburg, von Volborth received the Gustaf von Numers Prize 1984 in the XVIth International Congress of Genealogical and Heraldic Sciences in Helsinki. He was a member of HEROLD, Verein für Heraldik, Genealogie und verwandte Wissenschaften zu Berlin e. V. from 1990 and a member of Académie Internationale d'Héraldique.
Von Volborth lived and worked in the United States (Cincinnati, Ohio) during 50's and 60's of the twentieth century. He was a teacher at the Cincinnati art school. Von Volborth married twice: Rose (divorced 60's, 70's?) and a Belgian diplomat, Diana Danys. His first marriage produced two sons.
Von Volborth was admitted to the Johanniterorden ("Order of Saint John") in 1977. Four years later, he received the accolade as a Knight of Justice (Rechtsritter) in the Order. In 1962, Von Volborth illustrated and published a roll of arms of the knights of the Order living in North America.
- Roll of Arms of Knights of the Bailiwick of Brandenburg of the Chivalric Order of St. John of the Hospital of Jerusalem Called "Johanniter-Orden" Who live in the United States and Canada, 1962
- Heraldry: Customs, Rules, and Styles Poole, Dorset, New Orchard Editions, 1981, 229 pp.
- The Art of Heraldry, Poole, Dorset, Blandford Press, 1984, 224 pp.
- Heraldry of the World (edited by Hubert Chesshyre) Poole, Dorset, Blandford Press, 1973, 251 pp.
- Little Manual of Heraldry: A Synoptical Approach
- The Very Dubious Codex Senilski (with Marc Van de Cruys), Homunculus, Wijnegem, 2004
- The Very Peculiar Codex of Pluckingham Court, Homunculus, Wijnegem, 2006
- Verzeichnis der Mitglieder der Balley Brandenburg des Ritterlichen Ordens St. Johannis vom Spital zu Jerusalem; Berlin: Der Johanniterorden, 2008; page 111.
|This heraldry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|