Carl Sandburg College
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2011)|
|Carl Sandburg College|
|President||Dr. Lori Sundberg|
|Location||Galesburg, Illinois, United States
Carl Sandburg College is a two-year community college based in Galesburg, Illinois, and serving the west-central Illinois region. The Main Campus is located in Galesburg, a Branch Campus is located in Carthage, and an Extension Center is located in Bushnell. In addition, off-campus sites include the Learning Center located at the Sandburg Mall in Galesburg, the Annex in downtown Galesburg and the Education Commons and the Carl Sandburg College Auditorium in Carthage.
The College has served the area for over 40 years[when?] and with accreditation that has been approved[clarification needed] by the North Central Association of Colleges. Along with providing associate degree education for students, Sandburg also has over 50 occupational programs and continuing education/adult learning.
Graduating high school seniors with a GPA of at 3.0 or above may apply for $1,500 academic scholarships.
Carl Sandburg College has many cooperative alliances that develop programs with neighboring institutions and seek to maintain or expand alliances within and beyond the College district. Along with providing exceptional associate degree level education for students, Sandburg also features over 50 occupational programs and continuing ed/adult learning in a hi-tech environment. Carl Sandburg College believes in providing educational experiences of occupational, preparatory, and continuous nature.
- In the spring of 2010, Carl Sandburg College enrolled 3,347 Students.
- 37% of college-bound students in the district attend Sandburg.
- Average class size is 17 students.
- 18 public high schools and one private high school are in the Illinois Community College District 518.
- Graduating high school seniors with a GPA of at 3.0 or above may apply for $1,500 academic scholarships.
- The average age of students at Sandburg is 30.
- Students most commonly describe Sandburg as comfortable, reasonably priced, academic & career oriented.
- Carl Sandburg College – official site
|This article about an Illinois institution of higher education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|