Carla Diane Savage is an American computer scientist and mathematician, a professor of computer science at North Carolina State University and the secretary of the American Mathematical Society.
Education and research
Savage earned her Ph.D. in 1977 from the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign under the supervision of David E. Muller; her thesis concerned parallel graph algorithms. Much of her more recent research has concerned Gray codes and algorithms for efficient generation of combinatorial objects.
Awards and honors
In 2012 she became a fellow of the American Mathematical Society.
- Savage, Carla; Ja'Ja', Joseph (1981), "Fast, efficient parallel algorithms for some graph problems", SIAM Journal on Computing 10 (4): 682–691, doi:10.1137/0210051, MR 635426, Zbl 0476.68036.
- Savage, Carla (1997), "A survey of combinatorial Gray codes", SIAM Review 39 (4): 605–629, doi:10.1137/S0036144595295272, MR 1491049, Zbl 1049.94513.
- Full professor directory, Computer Science, NCSU, retrieved 2013-07-12.
- AMS officers, retrieved 2013-07-12.
- Carla Savage at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-07-12.