Life and work
Sozzani graduated from the Bocconi University in Milan. In the late 1960s and early 1970s, she began working as an editor for several Italian fashion magazines.
In the 1980s Sozzani was editor-in-chief for some of Italian Vogue's special issues. She worked with many notable photographers and artists, including Sarah Moon, Herb Ritts, Bruce Weber, Paolo Roversi, Robert Mapplethorpe, Williamo Wegman and Deborah Turbeville.
In 1987 Sozzani launched the Italian edition of Elle. As editor-in-chief, Sozzani worked with photographers Steven Meisel, Nick Knight, Peter Lindbergh, Juergen Teller and the illustrators Mats Gustafson and Francis Berthoud.
In 1989 Sozzani met American artist Kris Ruhs, beginning a collaboration in both their lives and work.
In 1990 she started Galleria Carla Sozzani at 10 Corso Como in Milan. She has had several published works, including her first book on Walter Albini, followed by books on Pierre Cardin, Rudi Gernreich, Paco Rabanne as well as several photography catalogs. In 2001 she edited the book Talking to Myself with Yohji Yamomoto which was published by Carla Sozzani and Steidl. She curated the photography exhibition at the MEP in Paris.
In 1991, other spaces within 10 Corso Como joined the Galleria, including a fashion and design store, an expanded bookstore, a café restaurant with city garden, a hotel named 3 Rooms and a roof garden.
In 2013 Carla Sozzani published a limited edition book "22 years of Galleria Carla Sozzani", a catalogue raisonné of the exhibitions held the gallery from 1990 to 2012 and in September of the same year opened 10 Corso Como in Shanghai.
- "Carla Sozzani Enjoys Some Seaside Solitude". Wall Street Journal. 25 February 2011.
- "10 Corso Como and Liberty join forces". Daily Telegraph. 22 January 2012.
- "An interview with Carla Sozzani". The New York Times. 25 September 2011.
- "'I feel best in Paris or Portofino'". Financial Times. 18 August 2007.
- "La Dolce Vita; A former Vogue editor on why art is at the heart of her home.". Daily Mail. 28 August 2006.
- "A Page Out of History". The New York Times. 28 August 2005.
- "About". Galleria Carla Sozzani. Retrieved 29 August 202.
- "Hotel Couture from Christian Lacroix". Travel and Leisure. June 2004.
- "Carla Sozzani". Interview. March 2013.
- "The Past Is Present: Azzedine Alaïa and Carla Sozzani on His New Store, His Forthcoming Fashion Foundation, And Their Decades-Long Friendship". Style.com. 2013-10-02. Retrieved 2013-10-13.
- "Tokyo". 10 Corso Como. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- "Seoul". 10 Corso Como. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- "The 31 Places to Go in 2010". The New York Times. 2010-01-07. Retrieved 2013-10-13.
- "Lo stile? Abita qui". Grazia. 2011-09-24. Retrieved 2013-10-13.
- "10 Corso Como". Vogue.it. 2011-09-09. Retrieved 2013-10-13.
|This business-related Italian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|