|Carles Sabater i Hernández|
September 21, 1962|
|Died||February 13, 1999
Vilafranca del Penedès
|Genres||Pop rock, Rock català, Musical theatre|
|Years active||1984–1999 (acting) 1986–1999 (music)|
|Associated acts||Sau, Pep Sala|
Carles Sabater i Hernández (September 21, 1962 - February 13, 1999) was a Catalan singer and actor. Alongside an acting career in theatre, television and film, Sabater formed the group Sau with guitarist Pep Sala. Sau became the first rock band singing in Catalan to achieve major commercial success and were one of the key groups of the rock català movement.
Sabater originally planned to study biology at university, but decided to become an actor instead and was admitted to Barcelona's Institut del Teatre. In 1984 he made his debut as an actor in Una jornada particular with Josep Maria Flotats, with whom he subsequently worked on Cyrano de Bergerac. In 1988 he starred in Manuel Huerga's film Gaudí.
- "Muere a los 36 años Carles Sabater, líder del grupo de pop rock Sau (Carles Sabater, leader of the pop rock group Sau, dies at 36)" (in Spanish). El País. 14 February 1999. Retrieved 8 September 2009.
- Magda Bonet (excerpted from the book Sau, no et diré cap mentida (però no et diré tota la veritat)). "Biografia (Biography)" (in Catalan). CarlesSabater.com. Retrieved 8 September 2009.
- "Gaudí - Manuel Huerga" (in Spanish). Manuel Huerga official website. Retrieved 8 September 2009..
- "Sau" (in Catalan). CarlesSabater.com. Retrieved 8 September 2009.
- CarlesSabater.com, website in memory of Carles Sabater (in Catalan)
- Pep Sala's discography, including Sau albums (in Catalan)
- Carles Sabater at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about a Spanish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|