Carlo's Bake Shop
Carlo's Bake Shop, commonly known as Carlo's Bakery and also known as Carlo's City Hall Bake Shop, is a bakery located at 95 Carlos Bakery Way in Hoboken, New Jersey, opposite the City Hall. It is currently run by Buddy Valastro. The bakery has gained public attention as the setting of the TLC television series, Cake Boss.
In 1910, Carlo's Bakery was founded by Carlo Guastaferro, and in 1964, it was purchased by Bartolo "Buddy" Valastro, Sr. Valastro's son Buddy Valastro currently runs the bakery, with help from his four older sisters, two brothers-in-law, and other assorted family members and friends. One notable employee was Sal Picinich, who began working at the bakery shortly after the Valastro family purchased it, and continued until his death on January 30, 2011.
As a result of the popularity of Cake Boss, Carlo's Bakery built a new factory at Lackawanna Center in nearby Jersey City in order to bake up even more specialty cakes and ship a selection of their baked goods nationwide. 
In January 2012, as a result of the attention that has been brought to the city of Hoboken by the shop and the TV series, the Hudson Reporter named Buddy Valastro Jr. as an honorable mention in its list of Hudson County's 50 most influential people.
On May 24, 2011, Carlo's Bakery opened its first branch location, Cake Boss Cafe, at the Discovery Times Square Exposition at 226 West 44th Street in New York City's Times Square. This location offers Carlo's Bakery's smaller baked goods, as well as bakery and Cake Boss merchandise. On February 10, 2013, the Bakery opened its first full-range branch location in Ridgewood, New Jersey. On September 1, 2013, the Bakery opened its third bakery location at 21 East Broad Street in Westfield, New Jersey. Carlo's Bakery opened on November 23, 2013 on 86 Broad Street in Red Bank, New Jersey. The next location opened on 40 Market Street in Morristown, New Jersey. The bakery's latest opening was in the The Venetian Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada in April 2014.
- "Carlo's City Hall Bake Shop". "Carlo's Bake Shop". Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- "Contact Us". Carlo's Bake Shop. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- "Carlo's City Hall Bake Shop". Carlo's Bake Shop. Retrieved October 9, 2010.
- "'Cake Boss' and family mourn loss of 'Employee-of-the-Century' Salvatore Picinich". The Jersey Journal. February 1, 2011.
- "Salvatore Picinich". The Bergen Record. February 3, 2011.
- "Meet the Bakery Staff". Discovery.com. Retrieved October 9, 2010.
- "Lackawanna Center – Retail". Lackawanna Center. Retrieved November 4, 2011.
- Adriana Rambay Fernández, Stephen LaMarca, Gennarose Pope, Ray Smith, Al Sullivan and E. Assata Wright. (January 8, 2012). "They've Got the Power". The Union City Reporter. pp. 1, 4–7 and 10–11.
- Huff, Richard (May 10, 2011). "'Cake Boss' Buddy Valastro expands with Cake Boss Cafe in Times Square, new show 'Next Great Baker'". Daily News.
- McGrath, Matthew (February 10, 2013)."'Cake Boss' opens a shop in Ridgewood, and lines follow". NorthJersey.com.
- Makin, Cheryl (September 1, 2013). "Westfield Opening". MyCentralJersey.com.
- Spahr, Rob. (September 27, 2013). "Cake Boss' opening new bakery in Red Bank". NJ.com.