Carlo Ponti (conductor)
Ponti worked at the Conductor's Institute in Hartford, USA, under the direction of Harold Farberman from 1994 to 1996, worked with Mehli Mehta, Zubin Mehta and Andrey Boreyko in Los Angeles from 1997 to 1999 and furthered his studies at the Vienna Musikhochschule from 1999 to 2001 under Leopold Hager and Erwin Accel.
He has guest conducted internationally, was the recipient of various awards for fostering the growth of young musical talent through music education and serves as associate conductor of the Russian National Orchestra since 2000. In 2014 he founded the Los Angeles Virtuosi orchestra, an ensemble emphasizing music's educational value. 
Ponti has released two recordings with the Russian National Orchestra on the Pentatone Classics label and his work has been profiled by NPR, NBC and Fox News, ABC News, CBS Insider, Dennis Miller, Leonard Lopate, Symphony Magazine and the Associated Press. His performances have also been broadcast on public radio stations across the United States by American Public Media's Performance Today and America's Music Festivals programs.
Maestro Carlo Ponti is married to violinist Andrea Meszaros. They have two children, both born in Geneva, Switzerland: Vittorio Leone Ponti (born April 2, 2007) and Beatrice Lara Ponti (born March 15, 2012).
Orchestral ensembles conducted by Ponti
- American Youth Symphony
- Budapest Concert Orchestra
- Budapest Strings Chamber Orchestra
- Cyprus Symphony Orchestra
- Orquesta Sinfonica de Mineria
- Moscow Chamber Orchestra
- Napa Valley Symphony Orchestra
- Orquesta Sinfonica de Galicia
- Orchestra del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino
- Coro e Orchestra del Teatro San Carlo
- Orchestre Philharmonique de Strasbourg
- Orquesta de Valencia
- Pro Arte Orchestra
- Roma Sinfonietta Orchestra
- Russian National Orchestra
- San Bernardino Symphony Orchestra
- Simon Bolivar Symphony Orchestra
- Slovak Philharmonic Orchestra
- Verbier Festival Orchestra
- Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra
- UCLA Philharmonia Orchestra
- Ural Philharmonic Orchestra
- Bratislava Spring Music Festival, Slovakia
- Festival d'Echternach, France
- Festival del Sole, United States
- Festival de Villena, Spain
- Festival Vancouver, Canada
- Koln Musik Triennale, Germany
- Lake Tahoe Music Festival, United States
- Maggio Musicale Fiorentino, Italy
- St.Petersburg Palaces Festival, Russia
- Taichung Music Festival, Taiwan
- Tuscan Sun Festival, Italy
- 2006 : Premio Galileo Award for exceptional musical achievement.
- 2008 : Artistic Achievement Award from the Virginia Waring International Piano Competition.
- 2009 : Spirit of Hope Award from the Childhelp Foundation for his acclaimed work with young musicians.
- 2011 : Lupa Di Roma Award (co-recipient) from the Roman City Council.
- 2014 : Premio Civitas, XVIII edition, Pozzuoli
- 2008: Pictures at an Exhibition and other orchestral works by Modest Mussorgsky (1839-1881), with the Russian National Orchestra on Pentatone Classics (PTC 5186332), SACD
- 2011: Scheherazade, Capriccio Espagnol and other orchestral works by Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakov (1844-1908), with the Russian National Orchestra on Pentatone Classics (PTC 5186378), SACD
- Carlo Ponti (film director) profile
- Official biography
- Official biography
- Website of the Los Angeles Virtuosi orchestra
- http://www.lorenarchives.com/profile_family.html Sophia Loren Family Profile
- Premio Galileo
- Virginia Waring International Piano Competition
- Childhelp Foundation
- Modest Mussorgsky (1839-1881) CD
- Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade - Capriccio espagnol - Neapolitan Song CD