Carlos Brito (businessman)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
Brito has worked for Shell Oil and Daimler Benz before joining, in 1989, Brazilian beer and soft drinks company Brahma, which, in 1999, merged with Companhia Antarctica Paulista to form AmBev. Jorge Paulo Lemann is described as his mentor.
He held various positions in Finance, Operations, and Sales, before being appointed Chief Executive Officer in January 2004. After InBev was formed in August 2004, Brito was nominated Zone President North America and he moved into the company's top spot of Chief Executive Officer in December 2005, where he implemented a strategy based on cost-cutting.
In a one-on-one interview with the St. Louis Post Dispatch, Brito promised to keep many aspects of Anheuser-Busch the same but also said that he could improve the marketing of the brands sold by Anheuser-Busch. Steve Parker of the Post-Dispatch reported that, after the paper put the interview with Brito on Page 1 of the publication, three callers sent negative feedback, stating that the paper should not have given prominence to the interview; Parker added that similar negative comments were being posted in response to a blog entry about Brito. The comments reflected a negative attitude towards the Brito takeover of Anheuser-Busch. Parker defended the paper's decision to publish the interview.
- BBC NEWS | Business | The Brazilian recipe for brewing success
- InBev - Who's Who
- Retrieved from http://www.ab-inbev.com/go/media/global_press_releases/press_releases_search.cfm?searchYear=2008&searchMonth=&Search.x=13&Search.y=21&Search=Submit.
- Greenbaum, Kurt (2008-07-09). "Do you believe Carlos Brito’s reassurances about Anheuser-Busch?" St. Louis Post-Dispatch. July 9, 2008. Retrieved on 2009-12-15 from http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/talk-of-the-day/talk-of-the-day/2008/07/do-you-believe-carlos-britos-reassurances-about-anheuser-busch/all-comments/#comments.
- Parker, Steve (2008-07-10). "Carlos Brito stirs it up." St. Louis Post-Dispatch. July 10, 2008. Retrieved on 2009-12-15 from http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/the-editors-desk/the-editors-desk/2008/07/carlos-brito-stirs-it-up/.
- http://www.latinbusinesschronicle.com/app/article.aspx?id=4455 Latin Business Chronicle: Top 25 Multilatinos
|This Brazilian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|