Carlos López Estrada
|Carlos López Estrada|
|Occupation(s)||Music video director|
|Associated acts||Jesse & Joy, Passion Pit, Goo Goo Dolls, Saint Motel, Reptar (band), El Sportivo & The Blooz, MYPET, Maximum Balloon|
Carlos López Estrada is a music video director and a Latin Grammy Award recipient. At the 13th Annual Latin Grammy Awards, López Estrada's music video for "Me Voy," by Mexican pop band Jesse & Joy, earned the title of Best Short Form Music Video. The video, made in 2011, uses stop motion technique, and the production team trimmed 2900 photographs in order to create the sequences included.
Also for Jesse & Joy, López Estrada directed "Chocolate," the lead single from their album Electricidad. The music video for the single "Notbroken" by American band Goo Goo Dolls was directed by López Estrada in 2010. He has also worked with American band Passion Pit on a remix of their song "Carried Away" by artist, Tiësto. López Estrada has also directed and collaborated with bands such as Reptar, El Sportivo & The Blooz, MYPET, Saint Motel, and Maximum Balloon. The music videos for the singles "No Para de Llover" and "Vuela Conmigo" by Mexican singer Erik Rubín were directed by López and shot in Los Angeles, California, where López also shot the video for the song "No Veo la Hora" by Argentinean singer-songwriter Noel Schajris, which was produced by London Alley Entertainment. López directed the third single of Peligro by Mexican band Reik titled "Creo en Tí", the video was filmed in the Historic center of Mexico City.
López Estrada's work has also made appearances in a number of festivals. "Tuck the Darkness In," a music video López Estrada directed for the band Bowerbirds, was featured at the Los Angeles Film Festival in a segment entitled 'Eclectic Mix'. In 2011, his work was featured at SXSW when his video for Maximum Balloon, "Groove Me," screened.
López Estrada also directed the short film BEAR, which integrates live-action and animation; and also co-directed "Kangaroo Court" for the band Capital Cities in 2013. The music video features American actor Darren Criss.
- Gottlieb, Steven (November 16, 2012). "Director Carlos Lopez Estrada Wins Latin Grammy for Jesse & Joy Video". VideoStatic.com. Retrieved November 21, 2012.
- "Jesse & Joy lanza nuevo sencillo" (in Spanish). TVNotas. Retrieved November 21, 2012.
- "Video de Jesse and Joy dirigido por Carlos López Estrada" (in Spanish). LosEspectaculos.tv. Retrieved November 20, 2012.
- "Booked: Goo Goo Dolls - Carlos Lopez Estrada, dir.". VideoStatic.com. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- Klinger, Douglas. "Video Chats: Carlos Lopez Estrada on 'Carried Away (Tiësto Remix)' by Passion Pit". Internet Music Video Database. 28 January 2013.
- Gottlieb, Steven. "WATCH IT: Reptar 'Houseboat Babies' (Carlos Lopez Estrada, dir.)". Video Static. 25 September 2012.
- Hughes, Hilary. "Exclusive Video Premiere: 'Waking World,' El Sportivo & The Blooz". Interview Magazine. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- Bailey, Thomas. "Videos". Lopez Estrada. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "Erik Rubín estrena el video Vuela conmigo" (in Spanish). El Informador. Retrieved January 14, 2013.
- "Video romántico de Noel Schajris" (in Spanish). Caracol 1206. July 10, 2009. Retrieved January 10, 2013.
- Bastidas, Saulo. "Reik estrenó vídeo "Creo En Tí" (Video)" (in Spanish). Retrieved January 10, 2013.
- Loring, Allison. "How LAFF's 'Eclectic Mix' Keeps the Cinematic Art of Music Videos Alive" Film School Rejects. 18 June 2012.
- South by Southwest. "Archived SXSW 2011 Schedule" SXSW. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- MarBelle. "BEAR - Carlos Lopez Estrada" Directors Notes. 19 April 2012.
- Klinger, Doug (September 5, 2013). "New Release: Capital Cities "Kangaroo Court" Directed by Carlos Lopez Estrada". IMVDb. Retrieved September 5, 2013.