|Full name||Carlos Ernesto Paes de Oliveira Bustillo|
|Date of birth||29 May 1978|
|Place of birth||Tegucigalpa, Honduras|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Current club||Real Juventud|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Paez made his debut in the Honduran national league for Olimpia against Universidad on 5 April 2000. Until December 2009, he had scored 16 goals in total for Olimpia, Real Juventud, Real Comayagua, Real Patepluma and Motagua.
In April 2001, Paes, son of Olimpia's former Brazilian striker Ernesto Paes de Oliveira and Elvira Bustillo, was arrested by police in La Ceiba for carrying cocaine with him in his car. He denied however he had anything to do with the drugs but was sent to jail awaiting his court case. Eventually he was released and the case was never solved.
His second and final international was a March 2001 friendly match against Peru.
- Desafíe a Ismael - La Prensa (Spanish)
- Futbol hondureño golpeado por presunto tráfico de drogas e indisciplina - Nación (Spanish)
- Caen futbolistas con drogas - El Diario de Hoy (Spanish)
- Retiran cargos por violación a jugador del Olimpia de Honduras - Nación (Spanish)
- "Carlos Paez Biography and Statistics". Sports Reference. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
|This biographical article related to Honduran association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|