September 15, 1975|
Mexico City, Mexico
|Died||June 14, 2009
Autódromo Miguel E. Abed
Amozoc, Puebla, Mexico
|Cause of death||Racing accident|
|Achievements||2004 NASCAR Corona Series Champion|
|NASCAR Nationwide Series career|
|1 race(s) run over 1 year(s)|
|Best finish||143rd – 2006|
|First race||2006 Telcel-Motorola 200 (Mexico City)|
Carlos Alberto Pardo Estévez (September 15, 1975 – June 14, 2009) was a Mexican stock car racing driver from Mexico City. He was the first driver to win the NASCAR Mexico Corona Series championship.
Pardo won 10 of his 74 NASCAR Mexico Corona Series starts and had 8 poles. He won the championship in 2004. He was third in standings in 2005 and 2006. Pardo also competed in six races in the NASCAR Camping World Series East in 2004 and 2005 and raced in the NASCAR Nationwide Series at Autódromo Hermanos Rodriguez in 2006.
During the 97th lap of a 100-lap NASCAR Mexico Corona Series race at Autódromo Miguel E. Abed in Amozoc, Puebla, on June 14, 2009 Pardo was hit by Jorge Goeters, which caused him to lose control of his car and he crashed sideways into the end of a lower retaining wall at over 200 km/h. The car was virtually destroyed on impact. He was transported to a local hospital by helicopter, where he was pronounced dead. He was declared the winner of the race since he was leading the race at the last completed lap before the accident occurred, beating Goeters by 0.044 seconds. Pardo, driving for Motorcraft team, had started the race from the last row. He is survived by wife Ana, and an infant child.
- "Carlos Pardo". ask.com. Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- "Carlos Pardo Posthumously Awarded NASCAR Mexico Series Win". fullthrottle.com. 2009-06-15. Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- "Carlos Pardo at Driver Database". driverdb.com. Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- "Fallece el piloto Carlos Pardo" (in Spanish). Crónica. 2009-06-15. Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- "Driver dies in Nascar Mexico race". Reuters. 2009-06-15. Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- "Sufre Carlos Pardo aparatoso accidente" (in Spanish). eluniversal.com. 2009-06-14. Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- "NASCAR Mexico driver killed in crash". ESPN. 2009-06-15. Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- "Carlos Pardo dies in NASCAR Mexico Series race Sunday". scenedaily.com. 2009-06-15. Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- LaCapria, Kim (2009-06-15). "NASCAR driver Carlos Pardo dies in fiery wreck". inquisitr.com. Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- Carlos Pardo driver statistics at Racing Reference
|Desafío Corona Champion