|Born||1968 (age 46–47)
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
NetherRealm Studios Employee
|Years active||1991 - present|
Carlos Pesina (born 1968 in Chicago, Illinois) is an American martial artist and employee of NetherRealm Studios. He is most recognized as the actor who played Raiden in Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II, and Mortal Kombat Trilogy. Since 1995, he has worked for Midway as a motion capture artist and animator. His older brother Daniel also played various Mortal Kombat characters, until he and Midway parted due to a lawsuit over royalties.
In 1994 Pesina aided Data East USA on its failed attempt at a Mortal Kombat inspiration titled Tattoo Assassins. After Midway learned of this, possibly as a punishment, Raiden (the character Carlos had played in the first two MKs) was not included in Mortal Kombat 3 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. Despite the bad history, however, Carlos is still employed by Midway, now Netherrealm Studios, as an Art Lead.
In the Konquest Mode of Mortal Kombat: Deception, the main protagonist, Shujinko, has to do a quest for the ruler of Orderrealm. The ruler states that Shujinko needs to find an agent named "Parlos Casina," a spoonerism on Pesina's name, most likely celebrating his importance to the series.
- Mortal Kombat - Raiden
- Mortal Kombat II - Raiden
- Mortal Kombat Trilogy - Raiden and Classic Rayden
- Mortal Kombat: Special Forces - Additional Voices
- Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance - Raiden / Mokap
- Mortal Kombat: Deception - Bo' Rai Cho
- Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks - Additional Voices
- Mortal Kombat: Unchained - Bo' Rai Cho
- Mortal Kombat: Armageddon - Bo' Rai Cho
- Press Start - Lei Gong