|Genres||Poetry, fiction, short stories|
|Notable work(s)||Rimas Tropicales, Habitación a oscuras, El unicornio y otros poemas|
Carlos Pintado (born 1974 in Cuba) is a Cuban–American poet and writer who immigrated to the United States in the early 90s. His book Autorretrato en azul received the Sant Jordi's International Prize for Poetry in Spain, and El azar y los tesoros was one of the 12 finalists for Spain's Adonais Prize in 2008. He also contributed to The exile Experience: a journey to freedom, coordinated by Cuban American music producer Emilio Estefan.
In 2010, the South Beach Music Ensemble released the "Quintet on Carlos Pintado Poems" a piano and string quintet based on his poems with concerts throughout United States led by the American composer Pamela Marshall and director Michael Andrews. The author has been an invited artist to the White Night or Sleepless Night performing among several musicians and artists of recognized artistic career. Chief editor of the literary magazine "La Zorra y el Cuervo."
* La Seducción del Minotauro (short-stories, 2000) * Autorretrato en azul (poetry, 2006) * Los bosques de Mortefontaine (poetry, 2007) * Habitación a oscuras (poetry, 2007) * Los Nombres de la noche (poetry, 2008) * El azar y los tesoros (poetry, 2008) * El árbol Rojo (haikus) * Rimas Tropicales (sang by The San Francisco Girls Chorus) * Ídolos del sueño” (piece for a soprano, clarinet, violin and piano, collabotared with CONTINUUM ENSemble in New York). * Quinteto sobre los Poemas de Carlos Pintado" (Piano quintet interpreted by The South beach Music Ensemble). * El unicornio y otros poemas (Poetry Anthology, editorial Ruinas Circulares, Argentina, 2011) * Cuaderno del falso amor impuro (Editorial Tigres de Papel, Madrid, Spain, 2014)
- Rimas Tropicales ("Tropical Rhymes")
- "Idols of the dream"
Carlos Pintado's "Idolos del sueño" (Dream eidolons) was turned into a piece for a soprano, clarinet, violin, cello and piano by Ileana Perez-Velazquez and it was premiered in 2011 by world-renowned CONTINUUM at New York's Kaufam Center.
“The Exile Experience: a journey to freedom”
Carlos Pintado was a contributor writer to the book the exile experience: a journey to freedom, coordinated by Cuban American music producer Emilio Estefan.
Carlos Pintado has collaborated with Cuban musicians Gema and Pavel, as well as international superstar Francisco Cespedes and in 2009 participated along with actor and sculptor Michel Hernandez on the project 'The Invention of the senses", a fusion of poetry and sculptures which is now part of the OPEN SPACES/ ESPACIO ABIERTO catalog of Miami's Centro Cultural Español. Pintado is also a contributor writer of Free Soul Dance Company directed by Belma Suazo and international actor Francisco Gattorno.
His articles have appeared in Vogue magazine in Spanish.
- Enfocarte Magazine poems by Carlos Pintado
- Arte Libertino
- Books & Books,The Exile Experience
- Letra de cambio
- La Habana elegante
- Soul Of Miami
- Tv Marti Noticias
- SF Girls Chorus y "Rimas Tropicales"