Carlos Prates Airport
|Carlos Prates Airport
Aeroporto Carlos Prates
|IATA: none – ICAO: SBPR|
|Elevation AMSL||928 m / 3,044 ft|
Carlos Prates Airport (ICAO: SBPR) is one of the airports serving Belo Horizonte, Brazil. It is named after the neighborhood where it is located and this, in turn, was named after an Engineer that planned parts of Belo Horizonte.
It is operated by Infraero.
The airport was inaugurated in 1944 and has always been dedicated to general aviation and flying schools. Since 1973 it has been administrated by Infraero.
Airlines and destinations
Currently no scheduled flights operate at this airport.
The airport is located 6 km (4 mi) from downtown Belo Horizonte.
- "Movimento operacional da rede Infraero de janeiro a dezembro de 2013" (in Portuguese). Infraero. February 4, 2014. Retrieved June 25, 2014.
- "Airport Official Website" (in Portuguese). Infraero.
- "Lista de aeródromos públicos" (in Portuguese). ANAC.
- Airport information for SBPR at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for SBPR at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Current weather for SBPR at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for SBPR at Aviation Safety Network