|Born||5 February 1955
Prio-Touzet is the son of former President of Cuba, Carlos Prio Socarras and his mistress, Celia Touzet. He received a Bachelor of Arts from Princeton University and a Bachelor of Architecture from the University of Miami. He has been a top designer and vice president for such firms as ADD Inc, Arquitectonica, Sasaki, and Spillis Candela. He has designed buildings in Europe, Asia and the United States. He is presently one of the founding principals of Touzet Studio.
Prio-Touzet has received the Florida American Institute of Architects (AIA) Unbuilt Award of Merit 2006 and the Miami-American Institute of Architects Award of Excellence 2005. His more notable projects include the Setai Condominium/Hotel The Setai Miami Beach, a 37 story building completed in 2004 on Miami Beach, Florida; the Vitri, a mixed use development on Miami Beach that was scheduled to be completed in 2007; Lime Tree Bay Development, a luxury residential development in the Florida Keys; and the NE 11 Street project, a 44 story residential building that was to be built in 2008 in Miami, Florida.
- Media Center - 2006 Press Releases
- AIA MIAMI: The Miami Chapter of the American Institute of Architects
- Town & Country magazine, January 2006, Page 102
- Ocean Drive en Espaňol magazine, Fall/Winter 2005, Page 72 (Spanish)
- New York Living magazine, November 2005, Page 34
- Florida Inside Out magazine, March 2007, Page 66
- Florida/Caribbean Architect magazine, Summer 2005, Page 34
- Ocean Drive magazine, June 2005, Page 216
- Anuario Social de la Habana 1939, (Luz - Hilo S.A.) (Spanish)
- Libro de Oro de la Sociedad Habanera, (Editorial Lex, 1950) (Spanish)
|This article about a Cuban architect is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|