Carlos and Elisabeth
Carlos and Elisabeth (German:Carlos und Elisabeth) is a 1924 German silent drama film directed by Richard Oswald and starring Conrad Veidt, Eugen Klöpfer and Aud Egede Nissen. It is based on the play Don Carlos by Friedrich Schiller. Oswald modelled the film's visuals on a staging of the play by Max Reinhardt at the Deutsches Theater.
- Conrad Veidt - Don Carlos
- Eugen Klöpfer - Prince, later King Philippe of Spain
- Aud Egede Nissen - Princess Eboli
- William Dieterle - Marquis Posa
- Adolf Klein - Grand Inquisitor
- Robert Taube - Duke of Alba
- Friedrich Kühne - Don Perez, the Dukeäs Minister
- Rudolf Biebrach - Duke of Valois
- Dagny Servaes - Elisabeth von Valois
- Martin Herzberg - Don Carlos as a boy
- Eisen p.77
- Eisner, Lotte H. The Haunted Screen: Expressionism in the German Cinema and the Influence of Max Reinhardt. University of California Press, 2008.
|This article related to a German film of the 1920s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|