Carmel Highlands, California
|Elevation ||318 ft (97 m)|
Carmel Highlands is an unincorporated community in Monterey County, California, United States. It is 3.5 miles (5.6 km) south of Carmel-by-the-Sea (better known as simply, "Carmel"), at an elevation of 318 feet (97 m). Carmel Highlands is also located just south of the Point Lobos State Reserve, and serves as the northern gateway of the Big Sur coastline along California State Route 1. The real estate in this entire area is some of the most expensive in the United States. Many celebrities have homes and vacation homes in this area. The ZIP Code is 93923, and the community is inside area code 831.
Carmel Highlands was laid out in 1916 by developers Frank Powers and Franklin Devendorf.
At the county level, Carmel Highlands is represented on the Monterey County Board of Supervisors by Supervisor Dave Potter . In the California State Assembly, Carmel Highlands is represented by Bill Monning as part of the 27th Assembly district. In the State Senate, Carmel Highlands is represented by Sam Blakeslee as part of the 15th State Senate district. In the U.S. House of Representatives, Carmel Highlands is part of California's 17th congressional district, represented by Sam Farr.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Carmel Highlands, California
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 881. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- "Monterey County Supervisorial District 5 Map (North District 5)". County of Monterey. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "Bill Monning - Biography". Bill Monning, California State Assemblyman, 27th District. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "District Map". Sam Blakeslee, California State Senator, 15th District. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "The 17th District: About the 17th District of California". Sam Farr, United States Congressman, California's 17th District. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
|This Monterey County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|