The Face of Value Creation
|Founder(s)||Shlomo Dovrat, Avi Zeevi|
Carmel Ventures, established in 2000, is an Israeli venture capital fund with over $600 million under management. Carmel is focused on early stage companies in the fields of Software, Internet, Media, Communications, Semiconductors, and Consumer Electronics.
Carmel Ventures is an affiliate of the Viola Group, a private equity investment group with over $2B under management, focused on technology-based investment opportunities in Israel.
Avi Zeevi – General Partner, Co-founder. Veteran IT executive, with track record on global Fin-Tech ; A leading figure in the Israeli venture capital community.
Ronen Nir - Partner. Director and VP Product in Verint Systems; Project Team Manager in ECtel Ltd; elite Israeli Defense Forces' Intelligence Unit;
Itzik Avidor - CFO & Partner. Senior Audit Manager at Brightman Almagor & Co.
|Company||Industry||Description||Initial Investment Date||Exit|
|Followap||Communications||Presence-based and Instant Messaging (IM) solutions to Mobile Operators||2001||Acquired by NeuStar in 2006 for $139M|
|Actimize||Enterprise Software||Brokerage compliance, anti-money laundering, and fraud prevention||2001||Acquired by NICE Systems in 2007 for $280M|
|ECI Telecom||Communications||Networking Infrastructure Equipment||2002||Acquired by Swarth Group in 2007 for $1.25B|
|CopperGate||Communications||Home Networking Company||2005||Acquired by Sigma Designs in 2009 for $180M|
|Snaptu||Mobile||Mobile Applications||2010||Acquired by Facebook in 2011 for $70M|
|Oversi Networks||Communications||rich-media caching and content delivery solutions||2004||Acquired by Allot Communications in 2012 .|
Active Portfolio Companies
- "NeuStar Buys Followap for $139M". Light Reading. 28 Nov 2006.
- Nice Systems to acquire Actimize - Reuters, July 2, 2007, retrieved 2009-10-09
- Swarth Group purchases ECI
- Dean Takahashi (October 14, 2009). "Sigma Designs buys home-networking chip maker CopperGate for $160M". VentureBeat. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- Arthur, Charles (21 March 2011). "Facebook buys mobile startup Snaptu: Social networking site's latest acquisition enables people to use smartphone-like applications on simpler 'feature' phones". The Guardian.
- Allot posts 43% revenue rise; buys Oversi Networks, Globes, 31 July 2012