Carmelito is a former settlement in Monterey County, California. It was located just north of Carmel Highlands and about 3 miles (4.8 km) south of Carmel, and connected to both by road. The area that was to become the development of Carmelito lies where Point Lobos National Reserve now resides. This land was purchased from the developers by one Alexander Allan, an engineer from Illinois, after there was some complications in the development process. After holding onto the property for some years, Alexander Allan sold the area that makes up Point Lobos National Reserve to the State of California in the year 1933. 
At the county level, the area that was once Carmelito is represented on the Monterey County Board of Supervisors by Supervisor Dave Potter . In the California State Assembly, it is represented by Bill Monning as part of the 27th Assembly district. In the State Senate, the area is represented by Sam Blakeslee as part of the 15th State Senate district. In the U.S. House of Representatives, the area is part of California's 17th congressional district, represented by Sam Farr.
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 881. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- "Monterey County Supervisorial District 5 Map (North District 5)". County of Monterey. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "Bill Monning - Biography". Bill Monning, California State Assemblyman, 27th District. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "District Map". Sam Blakeslee, California State Senator, 15th District. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "The 17th District: About the 17th District of California". Sam Farr, United States Congressman, California's 17th District. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
|This Monterey County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|