Kass in 2008
14 September 1978 |
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in (1.79 m)|
|Weight||114 lb / 52 kg|
|Hair color||Light Brown|
|Measurements||34-24-34 (US)/ 86-61-86 (EU)|
|Manager||Women Management New York
Storm Model Agency London
Brave Model Management Milan
Silent models Paris
International Creative Management London
Carmen Kass (born 14 September 1978) is an Estonian model.
Kass was born in Tallinn, Estonia and grew up in Mäo village, near Paide, the capital of Järva County. Kass, her elder sister Vitoria and elder brother Kutty were raised only by their mother Koidu Põder.They lived in a cramped apartment.  Her father, Viktor Kass, is a chess teacher in Põlva.
Her career was launched by Anna Wintour and by 1999, Kass was walking the runway for designers such as Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan, and Dolce & Gabbana, and posing in advertisements for designers and brands like Calvin Klein, Chanel, Gucci, Donna Karan, Dsquared2, Versace, Givenchy, Fendi, Max Mara, Valentino, Ralph Lauren, and even General Motors. She also appeared in a Gap denim advertising campaign and was a spokesperson for Revlon cosmetics, Sephora, and the Christian Dior perfume, J'adore. In 2007 alone, Kass booked ten campaigns with notable designers for spring/summer collections. As of 2007, she is the model and spokesperson for Max Factor.Her latest appearance was on the cover of italian Marie Claire Italia shot by Elina Kechicheva. She is currently the face of Spanish fashion brand Hoss Intropia for Autum/Winter 2010 and Swedish brand Lindex. Kass was awarded by Vogue as "Model of the Year" at the 2000 VH1/Vogue Fashion Awards. While a model in New York, she attended the Lee Strasberg Institute. Kass is well known for her distinctive runway walk in the fashion industry. Despite her height, her feet are relatively small (about an American size seven).
In February 2004, she joined Estonia's ruling Res Publica Party. Kass ran for the European Parliament after her homeland joined the European Union in May 2004. She won 2315 votes from the Estonian electorate, but was not elected to the European Parliament.
Kass plays chess and was elected president of the Estonian National Chess League in 2004. She ran a campaign for Tallinn to host the 2008 Chess Olympics; however, Dresden, Germany was chosen instead.
She is part owner of her mother agency, Baltic Models.
In 2008, Carmen Kass created a SMS loan company called Credit Market in Estonia. By April 2009, the Estonian media released an article noting that the company was in financial difficulties and had not paid taxes in Estonia.
- "Eesti ime: Carmen Kass". Eesti Päevaleht. November 3, 2000. Retrieved April 4, 2010.
- "Carmen Kassi isa: "Olen mõtetes kogu aeg lastega!"". Õhtuleht. October 10, 2003. Retrieved August 19, 2012.
- "Carmen Kass biography". Retrieved August 12, 2010.
- "Dior sai Carmen Kassi näo". SL Õhtuleht. July 23, 1999. Retrieved April 3, 2010.
- "Meet Max Factor's Model". Max Factor. Retrieved April 3, 2010.
- "Max Factor'i modell on Carmen Kass!". Ideaalkosmeetika. Retrieved April 3, 2010.
- Tiina Laanem (October 24, 2000). "Kuri eesti tüdruk Carmen Kass". Eesti Päevaleht. Retrieved April 3, 2010.
- Margit Kilumets (June 3, 2004). "Kui vana on Kassi hing?". Eesti Naine. Retrieved April 3, 2010.
- Ulfsak-Šeripova, Maria (April 3, 2008). "Ma ei ole üldse nii kuulus!". Anne&Stiil. Retrieved August 12, 2010.
- Michelson, Tarmo (January 14, 2003). "Carmen Kass teenis ühe õhtuga kolm miljonit krooni". Õhtuleht. Retrieved August 12, 2010.
- Tael, Triin (November 19, 2008). "Heidi Klum ja Carmen Kass särasid Victoria's Secreti pesušõul". Õhtuleht. Retrieved August 12, 2010.
- Jaanus Kulli (February 11, 2004). ""Täna öösel me ei maga" esilinastub juba märtsis". SL Õhtuleht. Retrieved April 2, 2010.
- "Carmen Kass astus Res Publicasse". Eesti Päevaleht. February 27, 2004. Retrieved April 2, 2010.
- "Carmen Kass kandideerib europarlamenti". Postimees. March 5, 2004. Retrieved April 2, 2010.
- "Euroopa Parlamendi valimiste tulemused Eestis". Postimees. June 14, 2004. Retrieved April 2, 2010.
- Andres Vaher (May 24, 2004). "Carmen Kass malepresidendi ametist: "Aga miks ka mitte?"". SL Õhtuleht. Retrieved April 2, 2010.
- Kerli Nõu (March 1, 2006). "Modelliagentuurid toodavad Carmen Kassile tasemel järglasi". Äripäev. Retrieved April 2, 2010.
- http://www.tigerprises.com/supermodel-carmen-kass-charges-782-loan-interest/[dead link]
- Kadri Ratt (April 18, 2009). "Carmen Kassi ja tema äripartneri sms-laenufirma makseraskustes". Eesti Päevaleht. Retrieved April 2, 2010.
- Carmen & Ricky Eesti Ekspress – September 9, 2004
- Kassi aasta 2004 Eesti Ekspress – December 23, 2004
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carmen Kass.|