Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
|Carnegie Mellon University Qatar|
Front entrance at sunset.
|Motto||"My heart is in the work" (Andrew Carnegie)|
|Type||Private, Branch Campus|
|Campus||Multi-versity Education City, 2,400 acres (9.7 km2)|
|Colors||Cardinal, Gray, and Tartan Plaid|
|Mascot||Scotty the Scottie Dog|
Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar (Arabic: جامعة كارنيجي ميلون في قطر), is one of the branch campuses of Carnegie Mellon University, located in Doha, Qatar. It is Carnegie Mellon's first undergraduate branch campus, is a member of the Qatar Foundation, and began graduating students in May 2008.
Carnegie Mellon Qatar is part of Education City, a campus on the outskirts of Doha that currently houses eight other university campuses from the United States and Europe.
The degrees issued by Carnegie Mellon are the same degrees and curriculum that students receive at the Pittsburgh campus. Undergraduate degrees are offered in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, Computational Biology, and Biological Sciences (a degree offered in conjunction with Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar).
Carnegie Mellon Qatar is housed in a building designed for by architects Legorreta + Legorreta. The university began occupancy in August 2008 and shares the space with Northwestern University in Qatar. All academics, student affairs, operations, and events are held in the building.
- "Official Carnegie Mellon colors". cmu.edu. Retrieved 2008-02-17.
- "Carnegie Mellon's Mascot".
- "Carnegie Mellon University - Qatar (CMU-Q)". Retrieved 31 July 2010.
- "Media Advisory: Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar - Inaugural Graduation".
- "Staff and Faculty Directory".
- Carnegie Mellon Qatar Web Site
- Carnegie Mellon University Web Site
- Carnegie Mellon University Qatar Student Reviews