|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2007)|
Carnival Elation departing San Diego Bay in 2007 before refit
2007-onwards: Carnival Elation
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Operator:||Carnival Cruise Lines|
|Port of registry:||Panama|
Western Caribbean and CozumelDeparture Port: New Orleans, US
|Builder:||Kvaerner Masa-Yards Helsinki, Finland|
|Maiden voyage:||April 1, 1998|
|Identification:||IMO number: 9118721|
|Class and type:||Fantasy-class cruise ship|
|Length:||855 ft (261 m)|
|Installed power:||2 × Sulzer-Wärtsilä 8ZAV40S
4 × Sulzer-Wärtsilä 12ZAV40S
42,240 kW (combined)
|Propulsion:||Two ABB Azipod propulsion units|
|Speed:||21 knots (39 km/h; 24 mph)|
|Notes:||First cruise ship to have Azipod propulsion units|
Carnival Elation is a Fantasy-class cruise ship owned by Carnival Cruise Lines. She currently sails year round on four- and five-day cruises to the Western Caribbean (including the ports of Progreso and Cozumel, Mexico) out of New Orleans, US.
||This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (June 2013)|
Carnival Elation features:
- Mikado Lounge
- Arcade[clarification needed]
- Sports Cage (outside)[clarification needed]
- Imagination Dining Room
- Inspiration Dining Room
- Camp Carnival (ages 2–11)
- Circle C (ages 12–14)
- Club O2 (ages 15–17)
Elation has been retrofitted with part of, but not all the Carnival "Evolutions of Fun" upgrades. The adults-only Serenity area has been installed, but not the WaterWorks water park. She also has only 28 balconies installed, all of these on the sixth deck.
On November 5, 2011 Carnival Elation was moved from Mobile, Alabama to New Orleans, replacing Carnival Ecstasy, which was moved to Port Canaveral, Florida. With Elation relocated to New Orleans, Carnival ceased operations in Mobile, Alabama.
Although Carnival Elation did not receive the full "Evolutions of Fun" upgrade, she will receive the "Fun Ship 2.0" upgrades in 2014; her sister ship, Carnival Paradise, will receive the same upgrades in 2015.
Current and former voyages
Accidents and incidents
- On March 9, 2013, Elation was followed into port by a tug after a steering malfunction during a cruise.
- Photos of Elation departing New Orleans in 2013
- "Elation - Cruise Liner". Ship Technology. June 15, 2011. Retrieved February 15, 2013.
- "Carnival Confirms Short Cruise Program for Ecstasy out of Port Canaveral - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News". Cruise Industry News. Retrieved February 15, 2013.
- Carnival Elation's departure from Mobile leaves tourism hole that city is trying to fill, Press-Register, May 1, 2012, retrieved June 13, 2014
- "Carnival Announces "Fun Ship 2.0" Upgrades". Cruisemates.com. October 3, 2011. Retrieved February 15, 2013.
- "Carnival Cruise Line's 'Fun Ship 2.0' Upgrade Schedule". Cruise Radio. October 4, 2011. Retrieved February 15, 2013.
- Lateef Mungin (March 15, 2013). "Carnival nightmare: Another cruise ship reports trouble at sea". CNN. Retrieved March 15, 2013.