Carnival Glory anchored in Belize City.
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Operator:||Carnival Cruise Lines|
|Port of registry:||Panama|
|Route:||Canada & New England, Caribbean|
|Ordered:||August 4, 1998|
|Builder:||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Cost:||US $500 million|
|Maiden voyage:||July 2003|
|Identification:||IMO number: 9198367
Call Sign 3FPS9
|Class and type:||Conquest-class cruise ship|
|Length:||952 ft (290.2 m)|
|Beam:||116 ft (35.4 m)|
|Draft:||27 ft (8.2 m)|
|Installed power:||2 diesel-electric propellers (64,400kW)|
|Speed:||22.5 knots (41.7 km/h; 25.9 mph)|
Some features of the Glory include nightclubs, duty-free shops, four pools, seven whirlpools, and a 214-foot water slide. Sixty percent of her staterooms have ocean views and sixty percent of those feature private balconies.
The Carnival Glory was last drydocked in November 2012. During that time, the RedFrog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Alchemy Bar, EA Sports Bar, Guy Fieri’s Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch presented by George Lopez, Hasbro, The Game Show, Playlist Productions, DJ IRIE were added.
Currently, Glory 's home port is Miami. In November 2009, Glory was redeployed to Miami, replacing the Carnival Triumph. The Carnival Glory was redeployed to Miami to make room for one of Carnival's newest ships, the Carnival Dream in Port Canaveral. Later in June 2010, Glory began conducting summer cruises out of New York City, replacing the Triumph for Canadian-bound cruises. The Carnival Glory also has cruised out of Norfolk.
In 2014, Glory started operating 7-night eastern and western Caribbean cruises departing out of Miami.
- "Carnival Corporation Contracts for Two 102,000-Ton Vessels". Web.archive.org. 2000-01-08. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- Ward, Douglas (2005). Berlitz Complete Guide to Cruising & Cruise Ships. Singapore: Berlitz. ISBN 981-246-510-3.
- "Carnival Glory (9198367)". Equasis. French Ministry for Transport. http://www.equasis.org/EquasisWeb/restricted/ShipList?fs=ShipSearch&P_PAGE=1&P_IMO=9198367. Retrieved 2013-05-20.(registration required)
- "Carnival Glory". Carnival Cruise Lines. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "Carnival Glory Review". cruisecritic.com. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "Fun Ship 2.0 implementation schedule". Carnival Funville. 2011-10-05. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- Sloan, Gene (2010-02-15). "Another Carnival cruise ship, the Carnival Glory, gets a makeover". USA Today. Retrieved 19 March 2010.
- "Sector Awarded Cruise Ship Contract" (PDF). Northrom Grumman Currents Magazine. January 9, 2006. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "Carnival Dream to Replace Glory in Canaveral Next Year". Cruise Critic. 2008-07-23. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- "Carnival Cruise Search | Find Cruises | Carnival Cruise Lines". Carnival.com. 2010-11-18. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Glory Cruises". Travel Weekly. Retrieved October 13, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carnival Glory.|