Carnival Pride tendered in Cabo San Lucas.
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Operator:||Carnival Cruise Lines|
|Port of registry:||Panama|
|Route:||Florida, Bahamas, Eastern Caribbean|
|Builder:||Kvaerner Masa-Yards (Helsinki, Finland)|
|Cost:||US $375 million|
|Christened:||December 30, 2001 by Tamara Jernigan|
|Maiden voyage:||January 12, 2002|
|In service:||January 2002-present|
|Identification:||IMO number: 9223954
Call Sign H3VU
|Class & type:||Spirit-class cruise ship|
|Length:||963 ft (294 m)|
|Beam:||106 ft (32 m)|
|Draft:||25.5 ft (7.8 m)|
|Installed power:||6 × Wärtsilä 9L46D
62,370 kW (combined)
|Propulsion:||Two ABB Azipods (2 × 17.6 MW)|
|Speed:||22 knots (41 km/h; 25 mph)|
Carnival Pride is a Spirit-class cruise ship that was built by Kvaerner Masa-Yards in Helsinki. She is owned by Carnival Corporation & plc and operated by Carnival Cruise Lines. She has 1,062 staterooms; eighty percent of the staterooms have ocean views and eighty percent of those have private balconies. The Carnival Pride is currently home ported in Baltimore, where Carnival has a three year contract with the Port. Carnival Pride also served as the flagship for Carnival Cruise Lines until the Carnival Magic succeeded the title.
Current and former voyages
From Baltimore, she also sailed a two day cruise to nowhere without making any port of call. This cruise was from November 2 to 4, 2012, as a result of canceling an October departure due to closed port traffic after Hurricane Sandy.
Entertainment and activities
The ship features a dance club, an adult-only pool, a retracting roof pool, a 72-foot-long waterslide, three play areas for kids, and two places for performances,[clarification needed] as well as shops, an art gallery, live music, a video arcade, and a casino.
- Ward, Douglas (2005). Berlitz Complete Guide to Cruising & Cruise Ships. Singapore: Berlitz. ISBN 981-246-510-3.
- "Carnival Pride". Geocities. 2002-08-21. Archived from the original on 2009-07-27. Retrieved 2008-08-01.
- "CARNIVAL PRIDE overview". SmartCruiser.com. Retrieved 2008-08-01.
- "Carnival Pride (39915)". Port State Information Exchange. United States Coast Guard. https://cgmix.uscg.mil/PSIX/PSIXDetails.aspx?VesselID=39915.
- "Carnival Pride (IMO: 9223954)". vesseltracker.com. Retrieved 2008-07-24.
- "KMY Delivers Carnival Pride". MarineLink.com. 2001-12-12. Retrieved 2008-08-01.[dead link]
- "Carnival Pride". Cruise Match. Zeppelin Travel. Retrieved 2008-08-01.
- Official website
- Cruise Critic review
- Carnival Pride ship location in Google Maps
- ["Onboard Experiences." Carnival.com. N.p., 2013. Web. 21 Mar. 2013.]
- Ship Position
- Media related to Carnival Pride at Wikimedia Commons