Carnival Pride tendered in Cabo San Lucas.
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Operator:||Carnival Cruise Lines|
|Port of registry:||Panama|
|Route:||Florida, Bahamas, Eastern Caribbean|
|Builder:||Kvaerner Masa-Yards (Helsinki, Finland)|
|Cost:||US $375 million|
|Christened:||December 30, 2001 by Tamara Jernigan|
|Maiden voyage:||January 12, 2002|
|In service:||January 2002-present|
|Identification:||IMO number: 9223954
Call Sign H3VU
|Class & type:||Spirit-class cruise ship|
|Length:||963 ft (294 m)|
|Beam:||106 ft (32 m)|
|Draft:||25.5 ft (7.8 m)|
|Installed power:||6 × Wärtsilä 9L46D
62,370 kW (combined)
|Propulsion:||Two ABB Azipods (2 × 17.6 MW)|
|Speed:||22 knots (41 km/h; 25 mph)|
Carnival Pride is a Spirit-class cruise ship that was built by Kvaerner Masa-Yards in Helsinki, Finland in 2001. She is owned by Carnival Corporation & plc and operated by Carnival Cruise Lines. She has 1,062 staterooms; eighty percent of the staterooms have ocean views and eighty percent of those have private balconies. The Carnival Pride is currently home ported in TampaIn March 2015 she will be relocated to Baltimore, Maryland.
Current and former voyages
From Baltimore, she also sailed a two day cruise to nowhere without making any port of call. This cruise was from November 2 to 4, 2012, as a result of canceling an October departure due to closed port traffic after Hurricane Sandy.
In October 2014 Carnival Pride will enter dry dock for scrubber installation and cosmetic upgrades. These upgrades include Guy’s Burger Joint; BlueIguana Cantina and BlueIguana Tequila Bar; Bonsai Sushi; EA Sports Bar; Hasbro The Game Show, and WaterWorks, a water slide and spray park. On October 9, 2014, It was announced that the "Carnival Pride" will be the only Spirit class cruise ship that will include Carnival's Seaside Theater. It will be installed behind the main stage on the lido deck. Proceeding it will sail out of Tampa until returning to Baltimore in March 2015.
Entertainment and activities
The ship features a dance club (Beauties), an adult-only pool (Serenity), a retracting roof pool, a 72-foot-long waterslide, three play areas for kids, and two performance venues - the Taj Mahal Theater (decks 2, 3, and 4 forward) and the Butterflies Lounge housing the Punchliner Comedy Club (deck 1 forward), as well as shops, an art gallery, live music, a video arcade, and a casino.
Dining options include signature dining in David's Steakhouse for an additional charge of $35/per person (located on Deck 10 of the ship), restaurant dining in the Normandie restaurant (located on Deck 2 and 3 of the ship), a coffee bar, a chef's table, and casual dining in the Mermaid's Grill located on the Lido Deck (Deck 9 ). Room service is available 24-hours/day.
- Ward, Douglas (2005). Berlitz Complete Guide to Cruising & Cruise Ships. Singapore: Berlitz. ISBN 981-246-510-3.
- "Carnival Pride". Geocities. 2002-08-21. Archived from the original on 2009-07-27. Retrieved 2008-08-01.
- "CARNIVAL PRIDE overview". SmartCruiser.com. Retrieved 2008-08-01.
- "Carnival Pride (39915)". Port State Information Exchange. United States Coast Guard. https://cgmix.uscg.mil/PSIX/PSIXDetails.aspx?VesselID=39915.
- "Carnival Pride (IMO: 9223954)". vesseltracker.com. Retrieved 2008-07-24.
- "KMY Delivers Carnival Pride". MarineLink.com. 2001-12-12. Retrieved 2008-08-01.[dead link]
- "Carnival Pride". Cruise Match. Zeppelin Travel. Retrieved 2008-08-01.
- HANNAH SAMPSON (2014-01-30). "Carnival Pride to resume year-round Baltimore sailing — with upgrades". Miami Herald. Retrieved 02/03/14. Check date values in:
- Official website
- Cruise Critic review
- Carnival Pride ship location in Google Maps
- ["Onboard Experiences." Carnival.com. N.p., 2013. Web. 21 Mar. 2013.]
- Ship Position
- Media related to Carnival Pride at Wikimedia Commons