Carol's Daughter is a line of beauty products, including products for hair, skin, and hands, as well as fragrances. It was designed by Lisa Price. Price named the company for her mother, Carol Hutson. Though the store has several locations, its products are available in various salons as well as other stores such as Sephora and Macy's. It has received much press coverage, including an appearance on The Tyra Banks Show and Oprah.
Founder Lisa Price began working on the products for her line in the 1980s, when she was working on the set of The Cosby Show. In her free time she made organic beauty products in her kitchen, including pure oils such as sweet almond, jojoba, and soy. Her experimentation eventually led to a mail-order and online business in 1993, followed by the first store opening in Brooklyn in 1999. During the fall of 2005, she opened a second store on 125th Street in Harlem. There are plans for about ten new Carol's Daughter stores in the next few years, including at least three in shopping malls. The mall stores are an unusual feat for a new business.
The rapid expansion was made possible in part through heavy investment. Record executive Steve Stoute led a group of investors in raising $10 million for the venture. Other investors include Jada Pinkett and Will Smith, Jay-Z, Mary J. Blige, Jimmy Iovine, Tommy Mottola, and Thalía. The current spokeswomen for the line include Mary J. Blige and Solange Knowles.  and Dominique Reighard.
- Simanoff, Dave (2006-10-26). "A New Face For Cosmetics". Tampa Tribune.
- Ninh, David (2006-09-15). "Carol's Daughter has got the organic goods". The Dallas Morning News (Texas).
- Pristin, Terry (2006-10-25). "Out of the Kitchen and Into the Shopping Mall". The New York Times.
- Will Smith, Jay-Z back beauty line. CNN.com.
- Smith, Qianna (January 6, 2009). "Dominique Reighard: New Face of Carol's Daughter". essence.com.
- Official website
- May 2007 Lisa Price Interview on Healthy, Natural Skin Care with Al Sharpton & Dr. V on AskDoctorv.com
- Lisa Price's Profile at BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com