Carol Meyrowitz (age 59) is the president, Chief Executive Officer, and director of TJX Companies, the leading off-price retailer in the United States. As of 2014, she is listed as the 76th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes.
History with TJX
Meyrowitz joined TJX Companies in 1983. In 2001, she became Executive Vice President of the company, as well as the President of Marmaxx, the largest division of the company. She rose to Senior Executive Vice President in March 2004, which she maintained until January 2005. In January 2005, she left her positions and became an advisor for TJX and Berkshire Partners. Her plan was to leave the advisory role in September of that year to "pursue new opportunities and challenges" outside of TJX.
However, Meyrowitz became president on October 17, 2005; additionally, she became a member of the board of directors on September 7, 2006. She was appointed Chief Executive Officer of the company on January 28, 2007, replacing acting CEO Bernard Cammarata, the Chairman of the Board for TJX.
In 2009, Forbes ranked her 24th in their list of the 100 Most Powerful Women. She ranked 26th on CNN's 50 Most Powerful Women in Business 2006. As of 2014, she is listed as the 76th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes.
- "Carol Meyrowitz - Forbes". FORBES. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- "The TJX Companies, Inc. Names Carol Meyrowitz President". Business Wire; Gale Group. 2005-10-06. Retrieved 2007-02-25.
- "The World's 100 Most Powerful Women". Forbes. Forbes. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Carol Meyrowitz Profile". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2007-02-25.
- "MEYROWITZ MOVING ON, HERRMAN MOVING UP AT TJX.". Gale Group. November 2004. Retrieved 2007-02-25.[dead link]
- "The TJX Companies, Inc. Announces Election of Carol Meyrowitz to Chief Executive Officer". MarketWatch, Inc. 2007-01-30. Retrieved 2007-02-25.
- "The 100 Most Powerful Women". Forbes.com. 2009-08-19.
- "5 0 Most Powerful Women in Business 2006: Carol Meyrowitz". CNN Money.com. Retrieved 2007-02-25.
|Wikidata has open data related to: Carol Meyrowitz|
- Reuters.com Brief biography of Carol Meyrowitz