||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)|
Bouquet in 2013
18 August 1957 |
Neuilly-sur-Seine, Hauts-de-Seine, France
|Occupation||Actress, model, film director|
|Spouse(s)||Rodolfo Recrio (1980-1981)
Jean-Pierre Rassam 1 son (1982–1985)
Jacques Liebowitch (1992–1996)
|Partner(s)||Gérard Depardieu (1997–2005)
Carole Bouquet (born 18 August 1957) is a French actress and fashion model, who has appeared in more than 40 films since 1977. Bouquet was born in Neuilly-sur-Seine, France.
Her classical good looks won her a role as the Bond girl Melina Havelock in the 1981 movie For Your Eyes Only, but she also acted in a number of mainstream European films throughout the 1980s and continues to do so in France.
She is also recognized for her work in Luis Buñuel's surrealist classic That Obscure Object of Desire (1977), and in the internationally successful film Too Beautiful For You (1989), for which she won the César Award for Best Actress. Also she received a César Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress in Rive droite, rive gauche (1984).
Bouquet was a model for Chanel in the 1980s-1990s. She is the widow of producer Jean-Pierre Rassam with whom she had a son, Dimitri Rassam. From 1997 to 2005, she dated actor Gérard Depardieu, with whom she had worked several times. Bouquet was engaged to him from 2003 to 2005.
- Sheila Jeffreys, Beauty and Misogyny: Harmful Cultural Practices in the West, London/New York: Routledge, 2005, ISBN 978-0-415-35182-9, p. 65: "the French face of Chanel in the late 1990s".
- Tilar J. Mazzeo, The Secret of Chanel No. 5: The Intimate History of the World's most Famous Perfume, New York: Harper, 2010, ISBN 978-0-06-179101-7, p. 199: "Carole Bouquet, the 'face' of Chanel No. 5 during the 1980s".
- Costanzo Costantini, Le regine del cinema, Rome: Gremese, 1997, ISBN 978-88-7742-138-8, p. 39 (Italian): "Carole Bouquet vive ora con Jean-Pierre Rassam, il produttore siriano o libanese che le ha dato sei mesi fa un figlio, Dimitry." - "Carole Bouquet now lives with Jean-Pierre Rassam, the Lebanese or Syrian producer, who gave her a son, Dimitri, six months ago."
- Catherina Catsaros, Le grand livre des QCM de culture générale volume 2, Paris: l'Etudiant, 2008, ISBN 978-2-84624-604-0, p. 15 (French): "Carole Bouquet dont le mari Jean-Pierre Rassam (décédé depuis)" - "Carole Bouquet, whose husband Jean-Pierre Rassam (since deceased)".
- "Archive - Golden Goblet Award". Shanghai International Film Festival. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "La famille Cigale". Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Il Cappotto di Astrakan". Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Donne con le gonne". Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "An American Girl in Paris: Part Deux". Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- Goux, Yves (1998). "Interview, article and other trace". yvesgoux.net-koncept.com. Télémoustique. Retrieved 26 October 2006. (French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carole Bouquet.|
- Carole Bouquet at the Internet Movie Database
- Carole Bouquet at AllMovie
- Carole Bouquet at AlloCiné (French)