||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)|
|Born||Oregon City, OR|
M.F.A. University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, 1971.B.A. California State University, Fullerton, California, 1968.
|Awards||John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Fellowship (1995)|
Carole Caroompas is an artist who specializes in painting. She holds a B.A. from California State University, Fullerton and an M.F.A. from the University of Southern California. She is a Professor of Fine Art at Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles.
Caroompas has exhibited at the Ben Maltz Gallery in Los Angeles, the Whitney Museum of American Art, LACMA, the Museum of Modern Art in New York, Western Project in Culver City, Mark Moore in Santa Monica, P.P.O.W. in New York, Sue Spaid Fine Art, the Hammer Museum at UCLA, and the Corcoran Gallery of Art in Washington, DC.
Her awards include grants from the Adolph and Esther Gottlieb Foundation, COLA (City of L.A.), two from the National Endowment for the Arts and a California Community Foundation Fellowship. In 1995 she was awarded a Guggenheim Fellowship.
1994: "Before and After Frankenstein: The Woman Who Knew Too Much" at Sue Spaid Fine Art, Los Angeles, California
1998: "Carole Caroompas: Lady of the Castle Perilous" at Otis College of Art and Design, Los Angeles, California
1999: “Heathcliff and the Femme Fatale go on Tour” at the Mark Moore Gallery in Santa Monica, California
2008: "Dancing with Misfits: Eye-Dazzler” at Western Project, Culver City, California
- "Carole Caroompas: Biography". Western Project. Retrieved May 20, 2013.
- Carole Caroompas, John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation
- Myers, T. R. (1994). Carole Caroompas. New Art Examiner, 2237-38.
- Roth, C. (1998). Carole Caroompas at Otis College of Art and Design. Artweek, 2920-21.
- Cooper, J. (1999). Carole Caroompas: Mark Moore Gallery. New Art Examiner, 26(9), 47-48.
- Duncan, M. (2008). Carole Caroompas at Western Project. Art In America, 96(5), 204-205.
|This article about a painter from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|