|Born||Carole Elizabeth Goldsmith
31 January 1955
Perivale Maternity Hospital, Perivale, London, England
|Children||Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
James William Middleton
|Parents||Ronald Goldsmith (1931–2003)
Dorothy Harrison (1935–2006)
|Relatives||Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (son-in-law)
Prince George of Cambridge (grandson)
Carole Elizabeth Middleton (née Goldsmith; born 31 January 1955), is a former air stewardess turned businesswoman, and the mother of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, and her siblings, Philippa "Pippa" Middleton and James William Middleton. Her first grandchild, Prince George of Cambridge, was born on 22 July 2013, and is third in the line of succession to the British throne.
She was born in Perivale Maternity Hospital, the daughter of Dorothy (Harrison) and Ronald Goldsmith, and the older sister of IT recruitment multi-millionaire Gary Goldsmith. She spent her early years in a council flat in Southall, attending the local state school.
In the mid 1980s, when her two eldest children were at a pre-school and the family was living at Bradfield Southend, she set up Party Pieces, a company which began by making party bags and which now sells party supplies and decorations by mail order. By 1995 the firm, run by both parents, was so successful that it moved into a range of farm buildings at Ashampstead Common, and since then the Middletons are reported to have become millionaires, and racehorse owners.
|Ancestors of Carole Middleton|
- Poppy Bradbury (3 May 2011), "Kate Middleton's mum's old school hosts Royal Wedding party", Ealing Gazette
- "Person Page 20097". thePeerage.com. Retrieved 2011-05-04.
- Geoffrey Levy. "For Kate Middleton's mother Carole being royal in-law will be no laughing matter | Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 4 May 2011.
- "Kate Middleton's character shaped by generations of social-climbing matriarchs | Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. 17 April 2011. Retrieved 4 May 2011.
- "News: Kate Middleton's Southall connections". brit-asian.com. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- Party Pieces Princess in News of the World (21 November 2010), pg. 4
- About us at partypieces.co.uk, accessed 19 February 2011
- "Generation why-should-I?". News.scotsman.com. Retrieved 4 May 2011.
- "Kate's family has eclipsed so many of their poorer relatives, so just how rich are the Middletons?". www.dailymail.co.uk. 19 April 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Kate Middleton's coat of arms blends in-jokes, symbolism and history". www.guardian.co.uk. Retrieved 6 May 2011.