Carole R. Fontaine (born 1950) is the John Taylor professor of theology and history at the Andover Newton Theological School and feminist author of 6 books and over 90 articles. In addition to serving on several Editorial Boards (including the Journal of Biblical Literature, the Catholic Biblical Quarterly, and the World Book Encyclopedia), she sits on the boards of international interfaith NGOs dealing with violence against women, especially in Muslim societies.
- Traditional Sayings in the Old Testament, Almond Press, 1982, ISBN 0-907459-09-9
- A Heifer from Thy Stable: On Goddesses and the Status of Women in the Ancient Near East, reprinted in Women in the Hebrew Bible: A Reader, ed. Alice Bach (New York: Routledge, 1999), pp. 159-78
- Wisdom and Psalms: A Feminist Companion to the Bible, Sheffield Academic Press, 1999, ISBN 1-85075-917-0
- A Feminist Companion to Reading the Bible: Approaches, Methods, and Strategies, Sheffield Academic Press, 1997, ISBN 1-85075-674-0
- Smooth Words: Women, Proverbs And Performance In Biblical Wisdom, Sheffield Academic Press, 2004, ISBN 0-567-04270-7
- With Eyes of Flesh: The Bible, Gender and Human Rights (Bible in the Modern World)', Sheffield Phoenix Press, 2008, ISBN 1-905048-55-6
Other media credits: BBC; C-Span; Discovery Channel; National Geographic; the Arts & Entertainment Networks; and Persian Satellite Network (broadcasts into Iran and Iraq).